Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England's Euro 2020 Exploits

Boom.
In a funny way, I see the same Englishness represented by the fans who protested against the Super League. We are independent thinkers. We speak out on the issues that matter to us and we are proud of that.

The trouble is, that's exactly what those objecting to players taking the knee think they're doing.

Or maybe that was his point?

I've had 24 hours to contemplate this, (& I know I shouldn't be etc.) but I'm still actually a little gobsmacked that the country's Prime Minister has effectively green-lighted the racists and bigots to boo their own country's team live on TV that will be beamed around Europe and the world.

The state we're in.

And there goes any goodwill I - and perhaps a lot of other neutral supporters - may have had for England. Utter cunts.

Obviously as someone from Wales you've got no obligation whatsoever to support England or even have any particular goodwill towards them, but I do think this is sad.

We've got a team full of diverse young men, many from working class backgrounds, who are using the privilege they have as top level sportsmen to make a specific point about racial inequality in the UK and across the world. We all know that there are a bunch of racist arseholes who will boo and criticise any attempt from black people to highlight the daily struggles they and people like them face, but it strikes me that rather than abandoning any goodwill you have for England, supporting those young men (not at the expense of your own team, obviously!) and not writing off the whole team/country due to the actions of the cuntish section of the country would go a long way to normalising the aims of their protest.

I can't think of anything better than the thought of a team of intelligent, socially responsible young black and white men taking the knee before lifting the trophy, really rubbing it in the faces of those utter cunts who booed them before every match. Them failing will be a gift to the right wing media and its readers in victimising, persecuting and alienating one of the nicest set of lads to wear the England shirt in many a year.

I've had 24 hours to contemplate this, (& I know I shouldn't be etc.) but I'm still actually a little gobsmacked that the country's Prime Minister has effectively green-lighted the racists and bigots to boo their own country's team live on TV that will be beamed around Europe and the world.

The state we're in.
I didn't catch this - what did moral vacuum and disgraced bigot Johnson say about it? brogdale

Obviously as someone from Wales you've got no obligation whatsoever to support England or even have any particular goodwill towards them, but I do think this is sad.
I understand what you're saying and I sometimes find myself cheering on England, but right now all I can think of is wiping the smile off the faces of those racist cunts.

And I know every other team will count racist scum amongst their supporters - and most fans are obviously decent folks - but rarely do you hear them boo as loudly and as regularly as those shitty England's fans.

I was reading David Baddiel's "Jews Don't Count" last night and he was talking about chanting aimed at Tottenham fans based on the idea of them being Jewish and chants about Auschwitz and stuff. How many racist fuckwits are there in this country? They seem to proliferate like flies.

And that's another reason why I find it hard to get behind England. The floppy, racist-excusing cunt providing the yin to Trump's Proud Boys yang.
Yeah, I get that.
Our family is mixed race; (in our heads) I'm from the Germanic/Jutish stock and Mrs B is full-blown Celtic Welsh, so things are always a bit ethno-nationalist fluid at Brogdale Acres.

But on a semi-serious note, I'm sure the out and out racists are in the minority and, just like with Trump in the US, Johnson's political ascendancy amplifies their voice.

Don't be put off giving a little support to your adopted country; I'm sure there's many sound WC folk who would like to hear of folk from the Celtic British nations supporting the team.

If England win their group (D) they play the runners up of Group F - the group of death? Portugal, France, Germany, Hungary
If they're runners up they play the runners up from Group E - Poland Spain Sweden Slovakia

France and Germany must be favourites to come 1st and 2nd. Probably best if England dont win their group

If England win their group (D) they play the runners up of Group F - the group of death? Portugal, France, Germany, Hungary
If they're runners up they play the runners up from Group E - Poland Spain Sweden Slovakia

France and Germany must be favourites to come 1st and 2nd. Probably best if England dont win their group
Portugal will finish above Germany.

Back
Top Bottom