Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England vs Scotland 18.6.21

Im not looking forward to this. Tartan auld enemy bollocks aside, it doesn't usually turn out too well for us. The last time we met, i watched it in a bar in Barbados with Big Ron A. Shows how long ago it was. We won but went out on goal difference. again. Unlike the Scotland team that day, i was hammered

it could be a goal fest but will likely be hard fought, from my side anyway. Predictions ?

Im not looking forward to this. Tartan auld enemy bollocks aside, it doesn't usually turn out too well for us. The last time we met, i watched it in a bar in Barbados with Big Ron A. Shows how long ago it was. We won but went out on goal difference. again. Unlike the Scotland team that day, i was hammered

it could be a goal fest but will likely be hard fought, from my side anyway. Predictions ?
Game abandoned after 47 minutes as pitch invaded and fights break out with the score 2-0 to scotland

Although...there is the history of getting beat by rubbish teams and doing better than expected against better teams so... :hmm:

Joking (and tribalism) aside, 2-0 England.

The conditions will be shit (heavy rain forecast). So far, England appear to be more interested in passing the ball prettily between themselves, rather than actually scoring goals, which appears to happen by accident when someone forgets the game plan, but I expect we'll be OK.

Drawing and coming second may be a better option.

Joking (and tribalism) aside, 2-0 England.

The conditions will be shit (heavy rain forecast). So far, England appear to be more interested in passing the ball prettily between themselves, rather than actually scoring goals, which appears to happen by accident when someone forgets the game plan, but I expect we'll be OK.

Drawing and coming second may be a better option.
The rain may favour Scotland but the heat England.

Hopefully the general atmosphere will be better than it was for Euro 96 when it was fucking awful.

The rain may favour Scotland but the heat England.

Hopefully the general atmosphere will be better than it was for Euro 96 when it was fucking awful.
I only managed to get to the game against Spain in 96. It's one of those games where Scotland have very little to lose - if they come at England it could be "interesting"

Reactions: Sue
I'm going 4-0.

Scotland will play harder against us than they will against any other team ever, which means they will be so committed that they will leave gaps.

If England play like their first game then Kane will drop back behind Sterling, Mount and Foden and let them run through whilst he gets a few assists.

I just hope it's a good game tbh

You'd say that Scotland are at the disadvantage of being the style of players the England squad meet every week but barring a few exceptions not quite the same quality so really England should do it comfortably, but then if that was a cast iron rule you'd never see cup upsets.

Anyone else sick of seeing the gazza goal being played here, there and everywhere?

2-2 thriller

The most common football result is 1-0, so I’m going for 1-0 to someone. That’s still 5 to 1 against, though, across all top class matches, so it probably won’t be.

If I was a gambling man...
This is the unpredictable aspect of football, twenty-two players hopefully doing their best to win. But all that changes when it’s as passionate as tonight’s match may be.
Depending on the result of the Croatia / Czech game earlier, a draw could be good enough for Scotland to progress if they can beat the Croatia next game.

I was at the game in 96 - I thought the atmosphere was fantastic, in large part down to the Scotland fans.

It was a brilliant day - we went from despair when they were awarded the penalty to disbelief at what we then saw Gascoigne do two minutes later. Given the occasion, surely one of the best tournament goals ever.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was a draw tonight, particularly if the czechs beat Croatia in the game kicking off at 5.

The most common football result is 1-0
Is it? Is this more accurate than using the mean rather than the mode? For instance over 51 games of Euro 2016 2.12 goals oer match were scored. For Euro 2020 so far it's been 2.33 goals per game (42 in 18), and we've had as many 3-0 results (4) as 1-0 plus three 2-0 scorelines

Back
Top Bottom