Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England Euros '23

Yeh not a booking but I wonder whether he'd kicked it too far and the ball was going out? If he couldn't have got the ball it looks like he took a step into the goalkeeper rather than trying to avoid him and get to the ball.

Yeh not a booking but I wonder whether he'd kicked it too far and the ball was going out? If he couldn't have got the ball it looks like he took a step into the goalkeeper rather than trying to avoid him and get to the ball.
Yeah, see, I know the kind of move you mean, but I really don't think he took much of a step into the goalkeeper.

Maybe just fortunate placement, but it really didn't look like he was stretching to keep his left leg near the 'keeper like you normally might see.

Meh, I really don't care as much as this would seem. Just not much going on in the game besides :D

Yep me neither but good to see Malta growing in confidence now, making a few more creative midfield passing movements.

England playing a lot of consolidation - passing the ball backwards - keep the game in our own half, cunning. A bit outclassed by the Malta defence so far though.

EDkaJj5XYAE1nBN.jpg:large

bump for 7:45 another toughie

I turned on the commentary early by mistake and it was immediately "we'll be with you right after the break with some great football bakeoffs ..." so I'm glad there's no threat of analysis.

Right. So if an England player had been smashed in the face by a flying arm in the box you'd think that's fine? The ref was doing his job. The weird commentators are not.

If it had been intentional then certainly a penalty.

You know what really gets me though, the rest periods these players get. They could have played all these league games in two weeks.

Back
Top Bottom