Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Elden ring

I opened another trap chest and it threw me all the way to what I think is the top of the map, it's huge and I haven't even unfogged more half of it

I think I'm at about 44 hours in and I'm still finding more stuff in Limgrave.

Last edited:
Bought it for the child, a good parents evening and forgetting to give him pocket money reward- has put it on 'moderate blood' or something- he is very very happy. Thought he would love it as obsessed with zelda. Now, I have to make him go to bed...Thanks for your advice and tips :)

Just done Godrick, been farming giants all morning and got myself levelled up, and was able to do him in co-op.
what level are you? just so I know. I tried him a couple of times by myself (well, with the NPC summon) and got nowhere.

I'm still mostly in Limgrave. I saw a picture of the whole map today.:eek:
Me to, well not the Map part.

Killed Agheel today, was excited as that meant I could get a spell to breathe fire. But it doesn't do much damage so I'm a bit disappointed. Looks good though.

One thing I find with some of the fights (like agheel) is that they are not hard as such but it is very easy to basically get stun locked into a damage spiral until you die. Which I find really annoying. The fight will be going fine then I get hit once and loose maybe a quarter of my health but I am locked out of being able to move will I get hit again and again until dead. That is not good design in my opinion. I don't feel like I do any better on the last attempt than the first sometimes I just don't have the one moment of bad luck that means I die.

That sounds a but Critical, which I guess it was.

But I didn't mind dying in that fight all that much as the fight itself felt amazing. And 30 seconds later I was back at it.

Best moment for me today was just wandering across the world and comparing it to Breath of the Wild and how some of the design remained me of it. Like that fallen stature over there covered in grass that looks cool. Oh shit it's standing up.

I don't know who Agheel is. Haven't been able to play recently, had to go to London for work. But will try to get some in over the weekend.

I don't know who Agheel is. Haven't been able to play recently, had to go to London for work. But will try to get some in over the weekend.
Nor me, I'm 56 hours in and barely into the bit after godrick, although I did teleport for a laugh into the red swamp area, found myself runnning away from everything and stumbled into some ruins, found a chest with a spell that lifts purple rocks from the ground and fires them at your foes.

but now my internet has gone down and as I do everything on the cloud I cant play without tethering my phone and using up shit loads of data. So im going to do some research about crafting.

Nor me, I'm 56 hours in and barely into the bit after godrick, although I did teleport for a laugh into the red swamp area, found myself runnning away from everything and stumbled into some ruins, found a chest with a spell that lifts purple rocks from the ground and fires them at your foes.

but now my internet has gone down and as I do everything on the cloud I cant play without tethering my phone and using up shit loads of data. So im going to do some research about crafting.
Yeah I've done a lot of running away in the red bit. One of the dogs killed me in one hit 😁 and the zombies are remarkably quick. 😁

So this game does have an easy mode after all, it's called an NPC summons

Godrick solo, impossible. Godrick with NPC ally, impossible to lose!!

Got it the first time with the NPC, she did all the work. All I had to do was stay alive and stab him in the back a every now and then.

Really glad I plucked up the courage to give this a go.

So this game does have an easy mode after all, it's called an NPC summons

Godrick solo, impossible. Godrick with NPC ally, impossible to lose!!

Got it the first time with the NPC, she did all the work. All I had to do was stay alive and stab him in the back a every now and then.

Really glad I plucked up the courage to give this a go.
I tried it with her and got killed 😂. Been doing catacombs and just discovered the bit of the map on the south. :rolleyes:

I tried it with her and got killed 😂. Been doing catacombs and just discovered the bit of the map on the south. :rolleyes:
Maybe I got lucky but I think I could have just hid in a corner and still won, she did insane damage to him.

I still need to do the bit to the south, I got a grace point just at the start then headed of somewhere else. Was thinking of heading their next.

Maybe I got lucky but I think I could have just hid in a corner and still won, she did insane damage to him.

I still need to do the bit to the south, I got a grace point just at the start then headed of somewhere else. Was thinking of heading their next.
Yeah, she was still alive when I died so maybe I should have just let her do the work. 😁 A good one was Death Hunter D who I pulled in to fight some assassin. Probably could have killed him by himself. 😁

This game is so huge, found another well that led to another massive area. So much stuff packed into it. So much fun to explore. Greatest game ever, for me.

Are you all playing on console or PC? Some of the reviews I read complained about the PC port being crap.
Console. I think the PC port might have been patched quite a lot, but they don't have great history for these things.

This made me laugh though. The tide is turning!

Are you all playing on console or PC? Some of the reviews I read complained about the PC port being crap.
Im playing on PC using shadow, has a gtx 1080 in it. It runs things pretty well, but it's definitely buggy, like your horse suddenly disappearing so it looks like you're riding in thin air. BUT none of it ruins what is quite possibly the best thing I've ever played. 94.8 hours in and I've just opened up a completely different area on the map with loads more to explore. I need to go back to 3 other areas I've barely explored.

Met 2 more main bosses that I cant do yet ( one that im not entirely sure il ever do :D ) and spent hours trying to take down some fucker to get the ' Magic downpour' spell which is pretty ace.

Got 6 spells on the go at the moment.

So so much to do....

Last edited:
hang on, you've played it for 8 hours a day every day since release?!?

:D well done.
Well.. I haven't got much actual work to do, just monitor stuff, after a couple of weeks with loads of stuff to do just prior to it coming out, my works been pretty cool , I'm so lucky atm.

So I've been playing most days, all day. I wake up about 4am, have a couple of hours on it til 7am, check I havent got anything to do, set up the alerts and go live in the lands between for the day.

and the weekends, I'm lost in it.

And... I still manage to go and have a couple of pints most days, just to get out the house like.

I have no proper life anymore.

Well.. I haven't got much actual work to do, just monitor stuff, after a couple of weeks with loads of stuff to do just prior to it coming out, my works been pretty cool , I'm so lucky atm.

So I've been playing most days, all day. I wake up about 4am, have a couple of hours on it til 7am, check I havent got anything to do, set up the alerts and go live in the lands between for the day.

and the weekends, I'm lost in it.

And... I still manage to go and have a couple of pints most days, just to get out the house like.

I have no proper life anymore.
TBF I would play it all day as well if I could. :)

What is the "unique asynchronous online element that allows you to feel the presence of others" all about then - anything like how Death Stranding did it?

What is the "unique asynchronous online element that allows you to feel the presence of others" all about then - anything like how Death Stranding did it?
you see ghosts of other players sometimes, if somebody dies there is a bloodstain that you can access and see how they died, there are messages from players all around that either warn you of things or tell you to jump off sheer cliffs on the promise of there being some treasure or something, you can be invaded by other players who try to kill you, you can summon other players to help you, you can volunteer to be summoned.

in Dark Souls a bell rang every time somebody killed the first boss, that was good.
Well, since you're here... Let me help you out. There are actually two Bells of Awakening. One's up above, in the Undead Church. The other is far, far below, in the ruins at the base of Blighttown. Ring them both, and something happens... Brilliant, right?

Crestfallen Shippou

Back
Top Bottom