Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Elden ring

I'm on PS5 too, want to swap PSN cos I think you can help each other out if needed.

Also, I think a deep dive into a fantasy world is just what I need when faced with the reality of the world around us.

Anyway, hurry up Mr. Postman!

I haven't really investigated summoning yet, seems to be a consumable to see signs - which is a bit odd. But if it works same as the other ones then you can't specify who you summon (you don't see all the signs).

I can't DM you apparently so send me your PSN first and I'll reply. :D

Last edited:
The spectral mount is pretty cool. I should say that open world "clear the map" games are my absolute most hated genre, so this is doing well. I have a horse I don't even hate.

I actually want to explore this one, cos I've already had a few "what the fuck is that??!" moments. It's interesting, not just the same thing over and over again.

The spectral mount is pretty cool. I should say that open world "clear the map" games are my absolute most hated genre, so this is doing well. I have a horse I don't even hate.

I actually want to explore this one, cos I've already had a few "what the fuck is that??!" moments. It's interesting, not just the same thing over and over again.
I trust your judgement ashen one :)

Ive had abut an hour, after a couple of pints. I think i'm going to get a bit lost into this, not so much lost in it, but my life. Im a little bit in love with it, although it isnt that beautiful but looks dont matter til i get a decent gfx card again. It feels so souls.

Steam is saying mixed, entirely down to constant stuttering. Namco have acknowledge this, I'll buy it when they fix it, mainly because I am still working through the masterpiece that is Nier:Automata Become Gods as edition.

I ordered an nvidia shield tv pro the other night and tbh forgot, it turned up a couple of hours ago, and running Elden ring through shadow on it, it looks amazing.

Death is even more vibrant....

Found my way into some catacombs and it kinda reminds me of Sens castle with fire rather than blades, but different.

Also beat my first boss in some mines I stumbled across after running away from a dragon

One of my closest mates and my cousin who I've gamed with most of my life are all playing it, giving each other tips and sharing adventures. It's really great.

I ordered an nvidia shield tv pro the other night and tbh forgot, it turned up a couple of hours ago, and running Elden ring through shadow on it, it looks amazing.

Death is even more vibrant....

Found my way into some catacombs and it kinda reminds me of Sens castle with fire rather than blades, but different.

Also beat my first boss in some mines I stumbled across after running away from a dragon

One of my closest mates and my cousin who I've gamed with most of my life are all playing it, giving each other tips and sharing adventures. It's really great.
Did you beat the guy with the hammers? Grave warden or something? I beat a grave dog thing.

So I will probably regret it but I just bought this. In general I don't like hard games as while I like games I'm crap at them and don't really have the time and patience for playing the same bits over and over again.

I have never played one of the previous games as the difficulty and a few other things put me off them. But I figured I would have to give one a try at some point and this sounds like a good place to start.

I am playing on the Xbox series S and have run through the tutorial area about 3 times as it is still downloading and I can't go any further until it is done.

So having never played one before what do I need to know?

Also is there any way to see the tutorial messages again as I am sure I will forget something important and 50 hours later suddenly have an "oh yeah I can do that moment".

So I will probably regret it but I just bought this. In general I don't like hard games as while I like games I'm crap at them and don't really have the time and patience for playing the same bits over and over again.

I have never played one of the previous games as the difficulty and a few other things put me off them. But I figured I would have to give one a try at some point and this sounds like a good place to start.

I am playing on the Xbox series S and have run through the tutorial area about 3 times as it is still downloading and I can't go any further until it is done.

So having never played one before what do I need to know?

Also is there any way to see the tutorial messages again as I am sure I will forget something important and 50 hours later suddenly have an "oh yeah I can do that moment".
:)

I didn't watch it all, but what I did see helped.

Just enjoy it. Lots of it won't make sense to start with. Keep trying stuff, get excited when you get a better sword. Explore.

:)

I didn't watch it all, but what I did see helped.

Thanks.

Had an issue with the witch who gives the summing urm... thing not spawning. Even shuting the game down didn't work, but "letting" the big Knight guy outside the church kill me did the trick. Incidentally did you know he will follow you into the church by smashing though the wall?

I'm going OK so far but I'm talking it slow and running away a lot. I suspect if I manage to complete this game it will take my 10 times longer than moat people.

Thanks.

Had an issue with the witch who gives the summing urm... thing not spawning. Even shuting the game down didn't work, but "letting" the big Knight guy outside the church kill me did the trick. Incidentally did you know he will follow you into the church by smashing though the wall?

I'm going OK so far but I'm talking it slow and running away a lot. I suspect if I manage to complete this game it will take my 10 times longer than moat people.
Taking it slow and running away a lot is absolutely the best approach. :D

I opened a chest , it was a trap that teleported me to a crystal cave with really hard dudes so I ran away and ended up here...

Attachments

• 3507796e505edf7dc21e721945ef1b6d.0.jpg
    3507796e505edf7dc21e721945ef1b6d.0.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
So I decided to restart as my initial class pick of astrologer wasn't really working for me. And I often restart this type of game once I have a better handle of the mechanics. I ran though the tutorial with few classes to see how they felt and went confeser in the end.

But I was quite proud of my final fight with the tutorial boss as I took him down in 2 hits and the fight only lasted a few seconds. I know he isn't hard but it just locked so quick and causal.

I found a well that leads to a whole other level underground.

And the evergaol, which seems to have an artorias like boss in it.

Both things were way over my current level. 😁

Was thinking it might fill an Elder Scrolls hole in my life and got excited by the prospect of co-op. But meh. Dark Souls? Fuck dying all the time. The 80s is on the phone and wants its concepts back.
Maybe Dying Light 2 is the way to go.

Was thinking it might fill an Elder Scrolls hole in my life and got excited by the prospect of co-op. But meh. Dark Souls? Fuck dying all the time. The 80s is on the phone and wants its concepts back.

Same same on the Elder Scrolls front but I’m doing my best to get into this.

I was considering this or Dying light 2, I'd been thinking both were possible "wait for a sale" games but really wanted something new to play yesterday and went with this to see what all the fuss is about. I've not regretted it yet, but who knows 10 hours in I might think fuck this and smash my controller against the wall.

2 things I heard about this game which meant it appealed to me more than the other souls games were
1) checkpoints before boss fights so no need to spend 30 minutes getting back to the guy that killed you each time
2) it's open world so if something kicks the crap out of you just go the other way and come back later.

One thing I was worried about going in was how hard the enemies you encounter wandering around would be. It's not fun if picking a few berries is a life or death struggle. But so far most have been pretty easy. There are tough encounters but you can just avoid them.

Last edited:
I love it , just by wandering around I'm having so much fun...

Ended up going down a lift that took ( 1 min and 5 secs , yes I timed it l..)

To a place that I immediately had to run away from , found a character from ds 1 who sent me to some Fort to deliver a letter to her dad... the Fort was scary....

Found something that when equipped and thrown uses fp to fire bolts of magic at enemies.

There is so much to learn and I'm loving every second of it , reading all the descriptions in a way I've never done before.

I love it , just by wandering around I'm having so much fun...

Ended up going down a lift that took ( 1 min and 5 secs , yes I timed it l..)

To a place that I immediately had to run away from , found a character from ds 1 who sent me to some Fort to deliver a letter to her dad... the Fort was scary....

Found something that when equipped and thrown uses fp to fire bolts of magic at enemies.

There is so much to learn and I'm loving every second of it , reading all the descriptions in a way I've never done before.
Yes exactly this. Just spent about two hours riding around, running away from things, seeing what's about. It's huge. And so much stuff to see and do. It's amazing. Streets ahead of anything else.

Does anybody know how to do gestures? I keep doing them by accident by pressing triangle?

Yes exactly this. Just spent about two hours riding around, running away from things, seeing what's about. It's huge. And so much stuff to see and do. It's amazing. Streets ahead of anything else.

Does anybody know how to do gestures? I keep doing them by accident by pressing triangle?
I can only do it from the sub menus

Back
Top Bottom