Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

EDL watch

I don't know if he is or not, but I am asking those that claim he is to provide proof which I would think if true to be an easy thing to do, non of them have so far, I have also searched for proof myself and have not found any.

I'd say holding what is, when you get past the obvious cover, a holocaust denial conference is fairly convincing myself.

Also this, this, this and this. Or are you asking for the words from the horse's mouth so to speak? If so I'm not sure you'll find it, I think he's probably smart enough to keep at least a thin cover.

i usually read the edl news website but today I clicked on that edl news page on facebook - have you read it? some of the opinions are just ridiculous. for instance; a woman who says some racist stuff should have her kids taken off her by social services. what the fuck? that would mean me, my brothers, sisters and probably every kid I knocked around with would have been in care. It seems the only line on that page is that edl/bnp etc are a bit 'common' rather than anything political.

.....as long as the EDL were on an exchange program sent out to the middle east.
Funny you should mention that ...
Supposed “supporter” of Israel running around West Bank looking for guns to get his picture taken with

Posted on Friday, 15 September, 2006

paully3.jpg
The curious travels of Paul Cinato (AKA: Paul Ray, Paul Sonato, ‘Lionheart’)

On websites such as FrontPageMag, Stop The ISM and Dafka, there are some curious photos showing up with westerners, alleged to have been in ISM at the time of the shutterbugging, posing with AK-47s and wandering around a Palestinian prison facility. While none were actually trained or working with ISM, just one of these westerners, who I’d been referring to as Mr. Pixelface, had his own likeness distorted in every image.
Read more: http://drew3000.net/2006/09/15/supp...oking-for-guns-to-get-his-picture-taken-with/

its quite surprising how plod have reacted to the EDL etc. so many have gone down thats its put a dent in future events. altho it gives the edl notoriety getting nicked creates long term problems ie, money, partners, kids, work, costs etc and many have gone 'it just aint worth it.' like tommy.

anyone find it odd that the UAF report is based on the facebook twitterings of the various edlers involved.

I find it even odder that there is no coverage of the convictions and sentences by the local media.

No mention of it in the Evening Chronicle which has covered the case since the original attack or indeed The Journal or Sunday Sun. The local BBC and ITV news make no mention of the story either.

john x

I find it even odder that there is no coverage of the convictions and sentences by the local media.

No mention of it in the Evening Chronicle which has covered the case since the original attack or indeed The Journal or Sunday Sun. The local BBC and ITV news make no mention of the story either.

john x

Just checked his facebook and his girlfriend has said that he's got 7 months, their son 8 months and the other five were jailed too.

EDIT: just seen that that's what was reported in the UAF report. Looks legit imo.

also, there is the feeling that the EDL are old news and pretty much over - schisms, moving in with the fluffies, boredom. why give them any more publicity? just another pissed yobbo. all they get is bad coverage.

why give them any more publicity?

That's not how the media works, especially the local media.

If there was an outbreak of anthrax in Newcastle and half the population is killed, then they probably wouldn't give the EDL convictions any coverage. If however the only other action in court that day was a 65 year-old man given a fine for having an out of date tax disc, then it is highly likely that they will cover the EDL story.

Whether or not the EDL should be given any more publicity or not, would not come into it.

john x

In regards to the non reactionary posters who have asked what has caused the EDL and what are the solutions? Both are complex questions.

EDL members previously would have been working class males who worked in manufacturing/blue collar jobs etc, in the last 30 yrs this group has been dramatically disempowered both financially, community wise and within their role in the family. Traditional working class communities have been fragmented, with the destruction of manufacturing and via social and enviromental changes.

We have one million young people unemployed, the self serving trade union movement does nothing to reach out to these people. Is it any wonder they are totally alienated from the politics of class ?

In juxtaposition we have a media which for 10 years has led a political and sinister campaign against Muslims.

The Sun, Mail etc are responsible for creating a hysterical environment in regards to Islamic terrorism. They are massively responsible for also creating the atmosphere which has led to the EDL.

Everyone needs a group they feel they can belong to, groups like the EDL offer a collective focal point for disempowered working class white males to feel empowered. Just like football hooligan firms have in the past, just like universites do for the middle classes.

We also have, isolated Islamic communites often with cultural attitues which are alien to the working class communites they exist alongside, some towns in the north of England are totally polarised.

Thus simply mocking the EDL is not enough, trade unions need to reconnect with the poorest in society not just middle class public sector workers and engage them.

Islamic communites should also be engaged and their most backward cultural practises challenged.

Efforts should be made to engage people from both communites and to integrate as much as possible.

The EDL is simply a symptom,.

Mocking them wont make the cause go away and unless the causes are radically challenged they will get worse.

Mocking people often with obvious social problems and educational problems as UAF often do is not going to sort the problem out.

Back
Top Bottom