Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Drug Goes From $13.50 a Tablet to $750 overnight after buy out by hedge fund start up

unfortunately I think rich people and celebrities can usually wangle their way into special safer prisons in the states

AFAIK in one state you can even get private prisons where you can essentially pay extra for nicer facilities

Thing is, there's thousands like him out there screwing people over to line their own pockets. He just didn't have the sense to keep his head down, and I suspect the motive for his arrest is down to him embarrassing the parasitical hedge fund set rather than any moral shortcomings. The 1% would rather go about their business without gobshites drawing attention to the sort of shit they get up to.

Thing is, there's thousands like him out there screwing people over to line their own pockets. He just didn't have the sense to keep his head down, and I suspect the motive for his arrest is down to him embarrassing the parasitical hedge fund set rather than any moral shortcomings. The 1% would rather go about their business without gobshites drawing attention to the sort of shit they get up to.

well yeah - prosecutors are political over there and like to build up a name for themselves by taking down well known 'bad guys' - once this guy was publicly sticking a middle finger up to the world and drawing the ire of the likes of Hillary Clinton then they're going to want to take a very close look at him.

8796_937328963013982_780911376626969367_n.jpg

He's baaack!

Embattled drug entrepreneur Martin Shkreli — who vigorously defended his decision to hike the price of a life-saving drug from $13.50 to $750 — suddenly went silent Thursday at a Congressional committee, smirking and grinning instead of answering questions.

Now facing an unrelated federal criminal indictment, the typically loquacious Shkreli refused to testify, repeatedly citing his Fifth Amendment right not to incriminate himself.

Members of Congress launched into fiery lectures directed at Shkreli, whose previous company, Turing Pharmaceuticals, came under scrutiny when it raised the price of Daraprim more than 5,000%.

"Drug company executives are lining their pockets at the expense of some of the most vulnerable families in our nation," U.S. Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Maryland, said. "It's not funny, Mr. Shkreli. People are dying and they're getting sicker and sicker."

The boyish-faced Shkreli sat quietly at the witness table, clasping his hands tightly and slowly rubbing his fingers together as he was lectured. He smirked several times and appeared on the verge of laughter at one point when Cummings was speaking.

After the hearing, he removed any doubt about his feelings.

"Hard to accept that these imbeciles represent the people in our government," Shkreli said on Twitter, where he proceeded to retweet several users who posted supportive messages.

'It's not funny, Mr. Shkreli': Drug exec grins before Congress

Does he have a death wish?

Last edited:
Seriously though, what happens if they can't find a jury? Do they keep him banged up forever? I hope they don't just drop the case and let him go.

Back
Top Bottom