Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump the road that might not lead to the White House - Redux 2024 thread.

Case in point: Boris Johnson had to resign for attending (or was it hosting? I can't remember now) an unlawful gathering. Trump tried to overthrow democracy and install himself as dictator and Americans still think he's the man for the job. It's bizzare and scary. It's like watching a democracy on the brink of collapse.

How do they conduct these polls? Via telephone? Because if so then that misses out huge swathes of Americans who refuse to answer numbers they don't recognise.

"The study was conducted for CNN via web and telephone on the SSRS Opinion Panel, a nationally representative panel of U.S. adults ages 18 or older recruited using probability-based sampling techniques. SSRS is an independent research company. Surveys were obtained April 18-23, 2024 with a representative sample of n=1212 respondents. The margin of sampling error for total respondents is +/- 3.4 at the 95% confidence level. The design effect is 1.49."

How do they conduct these polls? Via telephone? Because if so then that misses out huge swathes of Americans who refuse to answer numbers they don't recognise.

true but the capture the older demographic who you know will vote. go to push the register to vote mechanism like the last election to defeat his army of fuckwits

there are lots of polls

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Ff1479098-a421-4e19-833e-07c9174eca25_727x559.png

Donald Trump's plans to hold a fundraiser at the Miami Grand Prix have been shut down by event organizers, who reportedly penned a cease and desist letter Friday night.

According to a letter first obtained by The Washington Post and addressed to the Republican presidential candidate's friend, Steven Witkoff, Trump violated terms of the suite agreement by planning to raise money for a federal election. Witkoff, who recently testified on Trump's behalf in New York, purchased the suite in his name for the purposes of operating the fundraiser, according to the Post.

DailyMail.com has since confirmed the details of the cease and desist letter.

'It has come to our attention that you may be using your Paddock Club Rooftop Suite for a political purpose, namely raising money for a federal election at $250,000 per ticket, which clearly violates the Formula 1 Crypto.com Miami Grand Prix suite license agreement,' read the letter.

'If this is true, we regret to inform you that your suite license will be revoked, you will not be allowed to attend the race at any time, and we will refund you in full.'

Club members recently received an invitation to the fundraiser, and while it didn't mention Trump by name, Post sources who inquired were told that the event was for the GOP candidate and would cost $250,000.

Furthermore, the Post has confirmed that the secret service reached out to race officials to coordinate Trump's attendance in Miami.

Suite rules do state that 'advertising, promotional or commercial purposes [including without limitation, prizes, competitions, contests, or sweepstakes] without the prior written consent of Promoter and the F1 entities …'

Terrifying future. From today's graun

"On abortion, he said that all decision-making power over reproductive rights had been handed to the states following the supreme court’s overturning of the right to a termination in Roe v Wade. He said he might contemplate Republican states putting pregnant women under surveillance to monitor whether they had abortions beyond the state’s designated ban."

As this article says, this interview is worrying:

Also this great line, tho: 'It’s like interacting with a chatbot programmed by a fascist parrot.'
Talk about Trumped-up charges:

But Trump insisted that if the court does not give presidents immunity, Biden would be prosecuted for “20 different acts,” including “taking a lot of money” (there’s no evidence Biden has been bribed in office in any way) and for “being a Manchurian candidate” (which is not even a coherent accusation, much less a crime). Trump said the prosecution would “probably [have] nothing to do with me,” which is an admission that he’s leaving open the possibility he could personally interfere with the Justice Department in order to force a prosecution of Biden.

I mean, this is classic Trump. There are a load of words, but no actual content. He doesn't back up a single thing here with evidence. What things did they do? Who are they? Why were those things horrible? What is even one of the 'different things they did'? What was supposed to be happening? How can you and everybody know 'that' if there is no definition of what 'that' is? If you can recite them, then why aren't you giving any details? If there's a list as long as your arm, why can't you say something from the list?

But of course this is a very effective way of communicating with fellow idiots. Say it lots of lots of times, in lots of ways and then there's 'no smoke without fire' :facepalm:

bullshit.png

I've never understood why any lawyer would work for Donald Trump. More than a dozen of his former lawyers have been either imprisoned, lost their bar card, or both. And then, you're lucky if you ever get paid.
Seems bizarre, but I guess it is the ones willing to do stuff that results in them ending up in prison or lossing the bar that are the ones that agree to work for him.

I think he's vague on these things because he can't even remember what his own lies were, if he did he could have 'listed' that the vote counting machines were rigged, that illegal immigrants were voting Democrat, that the vote counters were crooked, that they found bins full of uncounted Republican votes etc.

Here's an astonishing poll. Among Trump supporters, they trust Trump more than they do their own family:

By the numbers: Among those who are at least considering voting for Trump, 95% believe he "fights for people like me," while 99% believe things were better under Trump.

Among those who plan to vote for Trump, 71% feel that what he tells them is true — higher than the results for friends and family (63%), conservative media figures (56%) or religious leaders (42%).

The percentage of those who consider Trump a source of truth drops to 53% among all likely GOP primary voters, in a sign that some remain skeptical of his claims.

However, that's still higher than the 44% who trust religious leaders and 32% who trust medical scientists — and far higher than the 10% who trust President Biden.

This is from last August, but I doubt if the numbers have changed much. Trump supporters seem immune to fact checking.

Sorry if someone's already said this, I don't have time to read loads of this thread, but does anyone else get the feeling that he's actively pushing to get jailed? First Pres to be in jail, make him even more a 'man of the people' etc? Kudos, martyrdom, which he'll think is fucking ace?

Sorry if someone's already said this, I don't have time to read loads of this thread, but does anyone else get the feeling that he's actively pushing to get jailed? First Pres to be in jail, make him even more a 'man of the people' etc? Kudos, martyrdom, which he'll think is fucking ace?

It has been suggested before. I don't buy it personally though - I can see the angle but I think he's way too into his own comfort and convenience for that. Maybe he could stick out a night in the cells for contempt of court or something but inviting an actual prison stretch?

It has been suggested before. I don't buy it personally though - I can see the angle but I think he's way too into his own comfort and convenience for that. Maybe he could stick out a night in the cells for contempt of court or something but inviting an actual prison stretch?
I don't suppose he'd be in for too long though. Lawyers appealing etc, and the martyrdom aspect would be something I reckon his fans would love.

Back
Top Bottom