Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump the road that might not lead to the White House - Redux 2024 thread.

Some users on Trump's Truth Social being taken for large amounts of money. They list some of them down in the article, people paying over money seems almost exclusively to supposed women, and making repeat payments to try to get money back even once it's clear they've been scammed. Hate scamming: whatever the trump supporters are like the scammers are a lot worse and tens of thousands of dollars richer.

Reading the tales of woe at the end of the article I find myself thinking Jesus these people are so dumb

I thought he was a trumpite at first, was expecting "... Trump is everything Jesus was not. Jesus was poor, Trump is rich. Jesus was meek, Trump is strong. Jesus lost, Tump is a winner ... " Easy thing to write up.

Last edited:
Have we had this one?

Oklahoma’s Department of Education on Monday opened bids to fill a 55,000 unit order of Bibles for classrooms across the state, but Superintendent Ryan Walters’s parameters for the allowed Bibles has become eyebrow-raisingly specific.

Bid documents indicate that the Bible must meet strict expectations, including that the text itself be the King James version, that it includes both the Old and New Testaments, and that the copies include core, historical elements of the U.S. educational system, including the Pledge of Allegiance, the Declaration of Independence, the U.S. Constitution, and the Bill of Rights. Oklahoma is also stipulating that the text be bound in leather or a leather-like material.

Curiously, that narrows the pool of applicants down to just one apparent choice: Trump’s God Bless the USA Bible.

So a complete waste (actually worse) of money out of the education budget raising 55,000 * $60 for Trump's reserves. I'm sure he'll give a special price of $70.

I thought he was a trumpite at first, was expecting "... Trump is everything Jesus was not. Jesus was poor, Trump is rich. Jesus was meek, Trump is strong. Jesus lost, Tump is a winner ... " Easy thing to write up.

I was expecting a description of how a flabby 78-year-old man would fare in a fight against a 33-year-old carpenter with a sideline in miracles

Have we had this one?

So a complete waste (actually worse) of money out of the education budget raising 55,000 * $60 for Trump's reserves. I'm sure he'll give a special price of $70.

I am genuinely surprised to learn that the Declaration of Independence is in the Bible, I thought it was much later than that.

No idea if it's been mentioned/discussed elsewhere but on the BBC's Storyville there's an interesting simulation/"war game" of a possible insurrection in the US over the trump/Harris election*.

*it's not actually trump/Harris; they use actors.
Interesting, a bloody optimistic ending you have to say. A few things:

• possibility of assassination of Harris/Walz,
  • what happens if balance of power is held by one or more states delaying announcement
  • I wonder whether we'll be having another Trump rally like the Jan 6th one and/or whether there'll be more strategically placed rallies around key states, taking over local government and holding hostages,
  • how organized the far right in the military and police will be this time,
  • difference this time that democrats are in power rather than republicans
  • measures to combat extremism in the military have been blocked by congress
  • whether/at what stage military would be sent in
  • how well Biden will prepare for anything coming up, and how strongly he will react (balancing risk of overreaction by government mowing down trump supporters versus capitulating).
  • "a really good opportunity to clean up the armed forces",
  • what action Harris will take against violent fundamentalist churches if it happens (if she gets in) ...

Interesting, a bloody optimistic ending you have to say.

To put it mildly!

I was really quite disappointed by the ending. Everything else had been so realistic/chaotic up 'til then.

A few things:

I'd add:
  • the volume and value (to the insurgents) of disinformation on social media
  • the sensible/cautious approach by the "Whitehouse" in responding via social media being completely inadequate
  • should the approach (to social media lies) actually be "fight fire with fire"? i.e. respond rapidly and in volume without waiting for "the full picture" to emerge
Food for thought.

I don't really see any threads about trump's allies in public office facing consequences for their actions so it's tangenitally related to the subject of this thread. However, the judge's takedown of Tina Peters in the sentencing is pretty comprehensive and damning (linked video starts at the point where he's building steam for his closing remarks):

These hypocrites are like something out of a Netflix horror.

the very image of the america trumpers want to create.
caveat, there's lots of counter to this in NC: it's a very quakered-up state, and my ex's family is from right around that part of the world and are ostentatious liberals as are many others thereabouts.

e2a https://www.charlotteobserver.com/opinion/article293483114.html

Last edited:
Paywall busted link - https://archive.ph/Uz9mC

All are members of an evangelical charismatic Christian church in the tiny town of Spindale (population 4,238) in western North Carolina. The church, Word of Faith Fellowship, has for decades drawn controversy over its cultish insularity and its treatment of children and adults who have been judged by church leaders to be sinners.

As church leaders have acknowledged in legal proceedings, Word of Faith relies on a practice known as “strong” or “blasting” prayer. Former church members have described the entire congregation surrounding and screaming at a single member for as long as an hour in an effort to expunge the evil from the person. Church officials say this characterization is overstated.

Beginning with a report by the TV news journal “Inside Edition” in 1995 and culminating in an investigative series by two Associated Press reporters that would become a book in 2020, numerous former church members have come forward and described being physically assaulted during such prayers.

Sound like a charming lot. :D

I don't really see any threads about trump's allies in public office facing consequences for their actions so it's tangenitally related to the subject of this thread. However, the judge's takedown of Tina Peters in the sentencing is pretty comprehensive and damning (linked video starts at the point where he's building steam for his closing remarks):

I saw her getting arrested, was wondering what would happen, she seems like a real piece of work.

That was hilarious in places, "oh. I seem to have forgotten one, you get another 15 months." :D

tl;dw? The watch thing appears very much to be a scam to funnel >$15m of foreign donations in to Trump's campaign with no declarations at all. According to the watch's website the watches may look totally different to those pictured, they will be delivered in October, November, or December or some time after (never?), the watch co based in Wyoming which has total secrecy of company directors, payments can be made in untraceable crypto...

I got my red one in the post yesterday and, personally, I'm very happy with it and feel it's worth every bit of the $499 + P&P of $12,499 I paid for it.

1728233735486.png

Yuwipi Woman do you have any info on Dan Osborn? i've seen him boosted recently.

He's a union guy. He was president of the union that led a strike against a Kellogg's plant in Omaha. He seems like a guy with working class roots. His mother worked sewing clothing as that industry was dying in the US. His father was a railroad worker, which is one of the last lingering well-paid union jobs in the US. So, he came by his union credentials honestly. I think his last job was as a maintenance worker after he was fired by Kelloggs. I think he was a Bernie Sanders supporter when he ran for president. He's polling well against Deb Fisher, who is the incumbent Senator. She's part of the Catholic machine that runs Nebraska. She's done nothing for Nebraska, but has been quite helpful to the billionaire class.

He's a union guy. He was president of the union that led a strike against a Kellogg's plant in Omaha. He seems like a guy with working class roots. His mother worked sewing clothing as that industry was dying in the US. His father was a railroad worker, which is one of the last lingering well-paid union jobs in the US. So, he came by his union credentials honestly. I think his last job was as a maintenance worker after he was fired by Kelloggs. I think he was a Bernie Sanders supporter when he ran for president. He's polling well against Deb Fisher, who is the incumbent Senator. She's part of the Catholic machine that runs Nebraska. She's done nothing for Nebraska, but has been quite helpful to the billionaire class.

the latest 538 poll has him ahead

Well Yuwipi Woman it is still possible no? The polls seem within their margin of error where Harris is in front that is .. And I get the impression (possibly wrongly from afar) that Trump is holding more meetings than Harris is! ..

Like it or not Trump is a publicity machine. Just look at the length of this thread compared to the length of the Kamala Harris thread. People want to talk about Trump, people do talk about Trump.

I don't want another Trump presidency, but it is still possible.

He does provide more to talk about, but he's also been in the running for President much longer than Harris.

Back
Top Bottom