Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Doctor Who 2024 - News, views, spin-offs

This is the thing. I think the second ep, weirdly made the first ep better, yet the first ep really wasn't great.

:(
Honestly it breaks my heart watching my husband. Having ploughed through the Chibnall years and been disappointed (to the extent where it's like an abusive relationship to him) I'm worried that Disney might prove the nail in the coffin of graciousness for him.

I get that :(
Yeh. Since Capaldi I basically stopped watchin and slope myself off to bed. But my bestie... I hear him watching the new runs and every time after is more and more depressed.

He often watches 70s WHO as a pleasant alternative (obviously while I watch tiktok in bed), sometimes tis WHO, sometimes tis Sharpe- when who sadness gets too much.

What I get from him is that he simply refuses to let the middle class twats win.

I keep telling him that the war is lost and he should just leave it to the yanks and the purse string holders, but he's a bit punk and refuses.

Sometimes you just gotta let go and know when the establishment has won.

Last edited:
Only watched Space Babies so far. Found it a hard, cringey watch, and can't say I really liked Ncuti's take on the Doctor all that much either. But am reminded I was disappointed by most if not all doctors to begin with so i'll persevere.

I think I'm largely in agreement with others on here. Gatwa is an exciting, engaging presence, really promising. But real concerns that the Disney money is being spent indulging the worst of RTDs impulses not the best.

Hoping the next few episodes will be more my cup of tea.

Perhaps in the spirit of change Doctor Who should just be ten to twelve songs per episode with none of this sci fi bollocks getting in the way.

Yeh. Since Capaldi I basically stopped watchin and slope myself off to bed. But my bestie... I hear him watching the new runs and every time after is more and more depressed.

He often watches 70s WHO as a pleasant alternative (obviously while I watch tiktok in bed), sometimes tis WHO, sometimes tis Sharpe- when who sadness gets too much.

What I get from him is that he simply refuses to let the middle class twats win.

I keep telling him that the war is lost and he should just leave it to the yanks and the purse string holders, but he's a bit punk and refuses.

Sometimes you just gotta let go and know when the establishment has won.
It's Doctor Who.

Nothing to do with "the establishment".

Doctor Who is now produced by CBeebies apparently.
At least I think that's what's happened.

Ncuti Gatwa does very very well considering that everything else is awful.
Ruby is the most puppy'ish companion I think the Doctor has had (That's not meant as a compliment).

I might watch the one from this weekend as my friend was in it playing Timothy Drake.

I wouldn't say any woman would take that as a compliment.

FFS
Would a man?

The point is that CBeebies has a lot of puppy'ish presenters. Fine for that medium. Dr Who has prided itself on spunky companions. I'm not getting much spunk from her at all.

"Right, so we have a couple of years and a decent budget to make something outstanding, and we've had some great suggestions already, but in the interest of fairness, and because everybody's ideas are valid, write your suggestion on a bit of paper, and we'll draw the winning idea from a hat"
"OK... Who suggested "Space babies and a snot monster"?"

"Right, so we have a couple of years and a decent budget to make something outstanding, and we've had some great suggestions already, but in the interest of fairness, and because everybody's ideas are valid, write your suggestion on a bit of paper, and we'll draw the winning idea from a hat"
"OK... Who suggested "Space babies and a snot monster"?"

Tbf, every season has its stinkers. Just a pity it had to be the first episode...

Back
Top Bottom