Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Doctor Who 2024 - News, views, spin-offs

Husband is already whining. I'm telling him to give it a chance at least.

"Uhh, it's all fucked up and burning , I've never been outside my world before... Blah".

RTD lost him months ago. I have high hopes but who knows.

"Why has he got such a wierd accent"
He says

"That's his accent"

"Is it?!? Is it actually tho"

Husband has been proper gaslit

It’s quite meta for your husband to be played by Catherine Tate.
🤣🤗

Would you believe I said the same thing. Serves him right for being the son of an immigrant like me. Bad Eengiish innit.

He loves the anti capitalist thing. Although on the God bit he says "no one in the future is gonna believe in God".."fukkin child, messin up"

"it's like the Library episode where everyone happens everything all at once and it's really confusing.....JUST SHOOT HER"

husband loves it (but apparently doesn't feel the drama ... /Lies/)

It wasn't as bad as the first two, but hardly thrilling. It was watchable.
I suppose it's like putting Donald Trump in a room with a gherkin. The gherkin is going to look far more intelligent but it's hardly a fair comparison.

Anglicans are an offshoot of Catholicism.
Although Anglicans like to say thy are protestant, they are, in fact, not even close- they are English Catholics.

Personally, I loved how the religious undertones of the episode, in which a war of belief leads into another belief in God, ties in to capitalism and patriarchy, works. It ties it into Matt Smith lore of "Tongue of Angels" and "Flesh and Stone" where you have military priests..

All the while, the lack of feminist backlash in the world the Doctor landed in kinda grates me.. But it is written by men for men, so whatever.

I'd like to talk about it more, but this is not the forum for that kind of analysis, so I just prefer to quote my husband as a fan verbatim.

Back
Top Bottom