Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Do you use your local butcher?

Well, the RSPCA and other animal welfare organisations don't agree. I would rather base my views on scientific evidence that anecdotal tales.

Ok, I'll bite. As long as it's not PETA :D Show me where to look at the RSPCA and other reputable sites.

It's simply cos their meat smells funny, nowt to do with racism or owt

This is pathetic even for a racism sniffer like you. That a long term activist for animal rights is concerned about animal rights can't be true. It must be the crude stereotypical racism of your imagination. Only possible answer.

I'm tarannau - there's nothing you're doing right. I can do it better than you.

The nearest butchers to me has stairs round the back leading to a hairdressers. The stairs are full of maggots so I certainly wouldn't buy meat from there. There's also a van in the market but I don't fancy buying meat from a van either. I'll stick to Sainsburys thanks. :hmm:

I did for a while but then the prices went up and tesco's went down so I switched because we were skint. The only farmers market within 5 miles is once a fortnight or something and is crazy expensive.

I will look again at the butchers prices because the meat was nice.

True. None of em are. But some regional ones might be cosy compared to others, inner city ones.
If it's a choice between a small halal/kosher butcher and a massive abbatoir then I'd say the lack of stunning is probably the lesser 'evil but like for like (if you like) I'd say that stunning has got to be more humane

If it's a choice between a small halal/kosher butcher and a massive abbatoir then I'd say the lack of stunning is probably the lesser 'evil but like for like (if you like) I'd say that stunning has got to be more humane

Yeh, in a way. But when you talk to blokes that do stunning and slaughtering day in and day out, it that ain't clearcut. Fuckloads of stressed animals herded in and stunned where the the stun often doesn't work in those volumes v ritualised one on one slaughter. Its hard to say which is worse unless you've stood there and watched it. Then eaten the results.

Yeh, in a way. But when you talk to blokes that do stunning and slaughtering day in and day out, it that ain't clearcut. Fuckloads of stressed animals herded in and stunned where the the stun often doesn't work in those volumes v ritualised one on one slaughter. Its hard to say which is worse unless you've stood there and watched it. Then eaten the results.
That's why I compare like for like. At small abbatoirs there's no 'herding in'. Our lot trot out of the trailer, straight into the pen and 'bam'. If they were stressed they wouldn't just trot into the pen.

That's why I compare like for like. At small abbatoirs there's no 'herding in'. Our lot trot out of the trailer, straight into the pen and 'bam'. If they were stressed they wouldn't just trot into the pen.

I'm also guessing that your local abbatoir doesn't need to have separate facilties for different methods of slaughter?

I wouldn't know.

That's the point tho innit. Big volume city shit differs from regional practices. But you know that, tis obvious. But whether you're city dweller or out on the regions, I reckon it's good to take a trip to where your food's being slaughtered and look at it - rather than relying on loads of fucking websites with their agendas. Look at what you're eating if you're even mildly inclined to get a huff about how it gets to you :D

That's the point tho innit. Big volume city shit differs from regional practices. But you know that, tis obvious. But whether you're city dweller or out on the regions, I reckon it's good to take a trip to where your food's being slaughtered and look at it - rather than relying on loads of fucking websites with their agendas. Look at what you're eating if you're even mildly inclined to get a huff about how it gets to you :D
Yeah, I fully agree and I have. I still wouldn't know if they have to have separate areas for different types of slaughter though. I don't know how many types of slaughter there are within one abbatoir :confused:

Am I coming down the day 'Tasty' gets slaughtered?

(I didn't name it that, Moonpig and Ju have)

Can if you want. They only kill on a Monday though and butchery is going to be on a Sunday :hmm: I've called ours Morissey :D

*yawn*

Yeah, I fully agree and I have. I still wouldn't know if they have to have separate areas for different types of slaughter though. I don't know how many types of slaughter there are within one abbatoir :confused:

Yeah, you have clue :D You have more of a clue than me cos you're partially in the business of raising and killing livestock for gain. I do none of that. I'd rather rely on personal trips to big abbatoirs & personl accounts of slaughterhousemen than the RSPCA charity propoganda though.

Back
Top Bottom