Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Do you use your local butcher?

I'm sure the meat is fine. I just don't eat it.

For no reason??

Not saying that this is your view, but the bloke that moved us the other week, we started talking about food and butchers and stuff, he said he won't eat Halal meat, I asked why, he replied: Supports the fucking Muslims don't it :facepalm:

Won't be getting any more work from me the cunt!!

I have yet to find a decent non halal butcher in Luton:(:(

I did look.

Have now read the thread so feel the need to justify my position: Really wasn't impressed with the mince and no sausages or gammon(obviously). I ain't using a butchers if i still have to go to Sainsburys to get some sausages, good bangers is the entire point of a butchers. The Lamb burgers were good though.

dave

yep use my local one, they're ace, the meat is lovely and way cheaper than the supermarket

not since i heard him talking about the 'paki shops' taking over the area which, apparently, were only of use to 'their kind' :mad:

I supect it's the not stunning that people have issue with.

Shall we just talk about altruism? :D

Could be interesting thread/poll. "What don't you like about halal/kosher meat?" No-one ever seems to say they object to kosher meat but it's basically the same as halal. And anyone that's worked in a slaughterhouse comes right up and says that halal/kosher is more humane ... so I guess that just leaves the prayers/ritual aspect.

Could be interesting thread/poll. "What don't you like about halal/kosher meat?" No-one ever seems to say they object to kosher meat but it's basically the same as halal. And anyone that's worked in a slaughterhouse comes right up and says that halal/kosher is more humane ... so I guess that just leaves the prayers/ritual aspect.
I admit I'm pretty squeamish about the non-stunning aspect of it myself. Probably unfounded *shrug*

Yeah, it's coz I hate Muslims innit.

Yeah, it's coz I hate Muslims innit.

Nah, if you hate halal cus of dem moslems you has to hate teh joos too, cus they do same thing with their meatz and therefore u is teh rascist.

Seriously though, what you got against halal/kosher?

I admit I'm pretty squeamish about the non-stunning aspect of it myself. Probably unfounded *shrug*

I'm pretty squeamish about all of it tbh. That's why I prefer game. But when you start acksherly looking at what goes on in a slaughterhouse, you've got to inure yourself to the various methods or just go veggie.

I don't agree with the methods of slaughter. I didn't mention kosher meat because I don't live in a Jewish area.

I'm pretty squeamish about all of it tbh. That's why I prefer game. But when you start acksherly looking at what goes on in a slaughterhouse, you've got to inure yourself to the various methods or just go veggie.
Granted if you're talking about big abbatoirs I guess. Our one is excellent.

I don't agree with the methods of slaughter. I didn't mention kosher meat because I don't live in a Jewish area.

The whole point of halal/kosher is the swiftest possible end for the animal with the least possible stress. Watcyn/DaveE was a slaughterhouseman, ask him to compare the methods.

The whole point of halal/kosher is the swiftest possible end for the animal with the least possible stress. Watcyn/DaveE was a slaughterhouseman, ask him to compare the methods.

Well, the RSPCA and other animal welfare organisations don't agree. I would rather base my views on scientific evidence that anecdotal tales.

Back
Top Bottom