Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Do you soak your chia seeds? And other seed related discussion.

Do you soak your chia seeds?

• Total voters
That has a few seeds I would never have thought of adding.
I must have another "crack" at whole hemp ...
Just checked the packs I've got in at the moment - one is just chia seeds, and the other has pumpkin, sunflower, linseed and hulled sesame seeds. I usually add about 80-100g of seeds in total to 500g of flour.

Did 50g in Almond milk overnight with a bit of lemon flavour. Was very filling for that number of kcals and loads of fiber apparantly.

Used some lemon flavouring for Aldi, could probably do with a bit more and bit more plant milk, felt I almost had to chew at times.

Not sure i want to run a marathon and fight a war after a bowl though.

There's a research paper that suggest that chia seeds should be milled to get the full benefit - even soaking isn't quite enough...

Cue for me to eat up the two bags of whole seeds I have - soaked in cocoa and boiling water for sugar-free dessert...
The muesli / oats habit is calories I could do with dropping in the absence of me doing more than token exercise and the fruit flies are ruining my fruit experience...

Last edited:
I use a coffee grinder to make flaxseed/linseed into a ground ingredient, works very well. Iv not used it for chia but may have a go as think that's in the kitchen somewhere. The pudding ideas really appeal to me

Grinding seeds works better for chia eggs, in my experience. And I make a mousse type thing with silken tofu where I also usually grind them first. But for chia pudding, I think you want the texture of the whole unadulterated seed.

What's the tofu thing?

Back
Top Bottom