Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Do you leave your washing out overnight?

yes, but it will feel damper just after dusk and at dawn, beyond that it doesn't hurt if it stays dry I reckon.

Line dried washing has the best smell ever.:)

Christ alive, I've left mine out for days before now. Every time it nearly gets dry - that pesky rain comes and sets me back again!!!:mad:

Yeah, last time was about four days and nights, and no fucker knocked on my door to see if I'd been murdered! And how would I have answered them if they did, and I had been?

With GREAT difficulty, that's how.

So four nights, yes, just the four. Any longer and the council would have classed it as a Bedouin encampment and I'd have had the law in.:rolleyes:

You'll all say I'm a bad housewife now.:(

Johnny Canuck2 said:
We sometimes leave ours in the dryer overnight.

That's such a North American answer.:rolleyes:

'Once, honestly, once - I nearly smoked a cigarette!'

You know the Romans used to dry their clothes with the breeze from the wings of a thousand irate swans, tied to advanced wooden windmills, and startled into frantic flapping by a troupe of spiky clowns.

They did it in style.

Their empire fell.

moomoo said:
Wookey, I'm disappointed in you. :(

I know. I also draw the curtains during the daytime, and my plate drainer in no way matches my washing up bowl.

I'm a fucking slob.:(

Some things yes, others no - There has been bother with a clothes thief before so I'd not leave anything I'd be bothered about losing.

However, with the frosty weather coming-up, no softner can beat the effects of a night frozen on the line so sheets, towels etc, no problem! :)

milesy said:
washing should be brought in at nightfall.

Tbh it should be brought in before nightfall if possible coz when dusk starts it gets damp again. Does here anyway, but we are just a couple of miles away from the sea.

Wookey said:
I know. I also draw the curtains during the daytime, and my plate drainer in no way matches my washing up bowl.

I'm a fucking slob.:(

And I thought it couldn't get any worse..................:(

Crushed, Wookey, I'm crushed. :(

I have done it by accident a couple of times but I wouldn't do it on purpose. What's the point in leaving it out - the air is so cold and moist at night that it just doesn't make any sense to do so.

I once left an odd sock on the line for about 3 months waiting for it's mate to turn up.

When it did they were different colours because the sun had bleached the first sock.

i would, if i had an outside washing line. i sometimes leave the washing in the machine for so long that it goes musty and i need to wash it again. or sometimes i just wear it and smell musty :(

I leave it out all the time because otherwise I'd have to do something with it inside! probably the all time record is two weeks. most of the time its a day or two. some lucky washing makes it out and in within the day. (especially if my mum is here)

no problem with clothes thieves even tho its a shared block with access from the street - obviously don't like the look of me washing

and we don't have flying foxes even though we get many regular ground foxes.;)

Yeah, as long as it looks like it'll be dry. Most days we have to do the wash in the evening, and if I can avoid it lurking about inside to try, I will.

_angel_ said:
The what? You have foxes that can jump six feet or fly??
They are capable of jumping up and grabbing the washing , I have seen them doing it before, when I left a towel on the line.

One of them also deliberately pissed in my washing basket when I left it on the lawn.:mad:

No I dont but I dont have a washing line.

Doesn't it go horrible if you let it rain on it or it goes damp? :confused:

i do when i forgot about them.
:oops:
not good cos spiders make web on the clothes and over the clothes pins rather quickly over night.

Stobart Stopper said:
They are capable of jumping up and grabbing the washing , I have seen them doing it before, when I left a towel on the line.

One of them also deliberately pissed in my washing basket when I left it on the lawn.:mad:

I am scared of your mutant southern foxes. :eek:

What do they want with your washing?? Am picturing a dressed up fox in policeman's clothing now.

27242788.Flyingfoxforweb.jpg

Johnny Canuck2 said:
We sometimes leave ours in the dryer overnight.

I often leave mine in the dryer for a week 'til the next weekend when I remember there's stuff in the dryer that I have to take out in order to put the next lot of washing in :oops:

Back
Top Bottom