• Yes

Votes: 31 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 83 36.1%
  • Audiophiles are deluded bullshitters

Votes: 116 50.4%

• Total voters
And the speakers ($200,000 according to one article):

The guy is called Greg Beron. For your breakfast consideration/amusement.
so he actually is the tape designer seller, having a look I found this vital piece of information:

Super Grounding Device: $750 - $5000 This device goes into the output signal path and scavenges any noise then shunts it to the earth ground. They come in variying sizes and configurations / prices. Small silver grounding device below.
:facepalm:
🤣
And it has a "pimp my ride" page as well

Reactions: Cid
available with 0% financing - who could say no to that?

thanks
When silver is combined with copper’s low frequency weight and tungsten’s holographic portrayal of space you get a cable that embodies everything without compromise; air, speed, finesse and thunderous low frequency extension in the most holographic soundfield you have ever experienced.
made my day.
and an absolute bargain it is too.

alpha 10 installed and fired up.

sounds really nice and warm with effortless power, maybe a little too much, might have to get some sound proof foam for my back wall.

well on my way to getting a half decent system together

IMG_0819.JPG

:D
Why does he play a ancient jazz record, probably recorded on one mic, to demonstrate the fidelity of his £1 million hifi?
And there’s no bass!
and in such a weird shaped room too!
these people are kooks

To quote another poster on multi different threads; "some times it is better to remain silent etc., etc."

I don’t feel you quite understand the spirit of this thread.
On the contrary, it's just that I find this particular thread one of the most smug and know it all threads on the entire boards.
A poster from above was wondering what could be causing a buzzing in his speakers. Not one of you experts seemed to pick up on the fact he mentioned he could not effectively screw his speakers to the enclosure.
The previous most ridiculed examples mentions a diamond insulating tip. (cue much laughter) but I did not know until I looked it up that carbon was 2nd or 3rd highest resistance.
You might want it to be funny, you might even think it is, but it is a cruel mocking humour that doesnt sit right with me

On the contrary, it's just that I find this particular thread one of the most smug and know it all threads on the entire boards.
A poster from above was wondering what could be causing a buzzing in his speakers. Not one of you experts seemed to pick up on the fact he mentioned he could not effectively screw his speakers to the enclosure.
The previous most ridiculed examples mentions a diamond insulating tip. (cue much laughter) but I did not know until I looked it up that carbon was 2nd or 3rd highest resistance.
You might want it to be funny, you might even think it is, but it is a cruel mocking humour that doesnt sit right with me
You bought a cable for £2K, didn’t you?

I imagine there are some situations that warrant pretty pricey cabling.
But not in a domestic setting. Unless you live in an airport hangar.
Would that be because they have to go through the same quality control as airplane bolts. You don't want the plane to drop from the sky.
Aircraft bolts: These are made of unplated corrosion-resistant steel, zinc plated corrosion-resistant steel, cadmium, or anodized aluminium alloys. But hey, fuck paying between 50 - 100 quid for a bolt when I can get half a kilo at Wilkinson for 4.99. Just because you don't understand it or what it is for doesn't make it wrong. It means you need to do more research.
I must add that I do not take any of these devices at face value but would most probably research and make my own mind up.
Also the world is becoming far too advanced for me and I wish that progress would stop.
Let the planes rain from the sky

Now that I think of it, I have been working at Donington for five days. With over one hundred plane movements a day (had to google) one slightly dodgy component would have taken out thousands

Back
Top Bottom