Votes: 31 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 83 36.1%
  • Audiophiles are deluded bullshitters

Votes: 116 50.4%

• Total voters
cable?
your bar is low
If you are not spending at least £250 per cable lift then that's just a half arsed job.

lift1a.jpg

I know it's the bottom end of the market but I'm laughing at TOSlink optical cables on Amazon with 24k gold-plated connectors, which seem to be a quid or two more than the usual plastic-ended cables, the connector conductivity of course being entirely irrelevant as the core is 1mm plastic which conducts light.

I know it's the bottom end of the market but I'm laughing at TOSlink optical cables on Amazon with 24k gold-plated connectors, which seem to be a quid or two more than the usual plastic-ended cables, the connector conductivity of course being entirely irrelevant as the core is 1mm plastic which conducts light.

Yeah, but gold is a very inert metal and you’ll be avoiding oxidative signal backwash at the surface interface point.

The other side of this is that we have just had a client moaning about the cost of a room upgrade following building work.

One particularly contentious point was that we had included a mic, amp and speakers in the system - WHY..?

Err, the room is twice the length it used to be. Do you want the people at the back to hear you..?

Blimey! I'm very impressed with the noise-cancelling as well. My early morning doze in bed was being ruined by the noise of rat-running cars. With these things on I can listen to the radio in peace! - No traffic noise at all..🤩🤩

These are the headphones:

Sony WH-1000XM4 Noise Cancelling

There's a newer model out there..

I've got the WH-1000XM3s and they're great. Especially on a plane/train. They're a bit bulky to carry and wear while walking around so they don't get a lot of use outside of this, but if you need maximum silence, the Sony's have a very good rep.

And aluminium.
Back in the day, it was touch and go whether we might have adopted the American spelling/pronunciation for aluminium. 'Aluminum' or 'Aluminium'?

I used to be extremely snobby about American spellings and pronunciation, but as I've learned more, I have realised that all that has happened is that they pursued a different linguistic path, not a "wrong" one. In many cases - "color", "neighbor" - their spellings are arguably closer to the common root than ours are.

I do draw the line at "nukular", though :hmm:. It makes me think of the British "pacifically" instead of "specifically".

Anyway, back to audio loons...

Back in the day, it was touch and go whether we might have adopted the American spelling/pronunciation for aluminium. 'Aluminum' or 'Aluminium'?

I used to be extremely snobby about American spellings and pronunciation, but as I've learned more, I have realised that all that has happened is that they pursued a different linguistic path, not a "wrong" one. In many cases - "color", "neighbor" - their spellings are arguably closer to the common root than ours are.

I do draw the line at "nukular", though :hmm:. It makes me think of the British "pacifically" instead of "specifically".

Anyway, back to audio loons...

Broadly agree, but then Realtor...

any recommendation for someone local to sheffield to look at a ribbon tweeter (within a speaker) that is distorting on certain frequencies, might need replacing, it defo needs a look at anyhow.

any recommendation for someone local to sheffield to look at a ribbon tweeter (within a speaker) that is distorting on certain frequencies, might need replacing, it defo needs a look at anyhow.

I'll ask around if I remember, know some audio types. blairsh might know someone.

Back
Top Bottom