• Yes

Votes: 31 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 83 36.1%
  • Audiophiles are deluded bullshitters

Votes: 116 50.4%

• Total voters
92d1c561fc46c9bb7e938cae75418fa117733ce4.jpg
not really in keeping with the thread, but I just had to show it. 1925 Ultraphone.

Last edited:
Although there's a lot of nonsense in audio stuff there are also a lot of interesting and real phenomena.

Explained in this video, the Wason effect is subtle but a pretty good demonstration of the benefits of decent kit.

after a couple of years of looking around I have pretty much scored a nice pair of xtz 99.26s. bonus wasn't expecting the sub.

turns out a good mate of mine had them. I was looking for ages, they don't really come up for sale too often, there are a few pairs on hifi shark but they all abroad and the shipping cost just puts them out of reach.

they're pretty decent, were around 700 quid new but made with real quality components, like the ribbon tweeter. they are rated above many £1k sets.

310355904_1233810643861313_5086626981067674401_n.jpg

Nice, but unless you’re going to mount them on isolation pods made of unicorn horn tips and wire them with silver thread hand knitted by artisans sat on a lay line, they have no place on this thread :mad: ;) :D
they are best mounted on stands, I'll give you that.

just noticed my amps (arcam alpha pre/power) don't have an output for my sub. sub has both rca and xlr inputs.

what amp set up could folk recommend that is similar in quality / price to my current choices that would have the output that i need?

just noticed my amps (arcam alpha pre/power) don't have an output for my sub. sub has both rca and xlr inputs.

what amp set up could folk recommend that is similar in quality / price to my current choices that would have the output that i need?
look at an external passive cross over, might have to be a bespoke thing though rather than off the shelf solution.
also to keep on topic:
fairy dust

Tape/record out?

Eta...or get an amp with a trans dimensional portal?

Last edited:
I've spent all my life listening to music through headphones costing less than £40.

Just bought myself a £250+ pair as I wanted noise cancelling that worked, and the difference is quite exciting.. :hmm:

ETA: I'm slighty worried there may be no going back.

I've spent all my life listening to music through headphones costing less than £40.

Just bought myself a £250+ pair as I wanted noise cancelling that worked, and the difference is quite exciting.. :hmm:

Yebbut, are they nano-oxygen depleted carboniferous soundscape-ready unobtainium?

Otherwise, they have no place on this thread. Come back when you've spent two orders of magnitude more on them :thumbs: ;)

as long as you don't go forward you are in the sweet spot.
e2a to stay on topic:
unicorn breath stage-sounding will bankrupt you

Blimey! I'm very impressed with the noise-cancelling as well. My early morning doze in bed was being ruined by the noise of rat-running cars. With these things on I can listen to the radio in peace! - No traffic noise at all..🤩🤩

These are the headphones:

Sony WH-1000XM4 Noise Cancelling

There's a newer model out there..

£250 headphones have no place on this thread.

That's the starting price for a cable around here.

Nice, but unless you’re going to mount them on isolation pods made of unicorn horn tips and wire them with silver thread hand knitted by artisans sat on a lay line, they have no place on this thread :mad: ;) :D
Don't bother with the mermaid's breath then, noob?

Back
Top Bottom