Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Distant Planet 25th Feb with Nebula II, Jerome Hill + more

How many people, realistically, will be there in the daytime?
me definatly, and who ever else I can scrape off the floor in the shires. Will be aiming for a 3-4pm start I thinks. UNless we've got a good pub meeting place for early afternoon drinks before it starts....I'd be up for that too.

So tempted....It's like a big long list of people I know that I never manage to get out and see playing these days. :facepalm: :oops:

In the daytime means in the daytime. I'm going to have to leave about 5pm. I don't fancy having to pay 8 quid to be there for an hour.

From what I've been hearing a lot of people are aiming to make a day of it - going to the pub first and being there as soon as the door opens.

I booked Nebula II for last years Rogues,but they didnt show:( one of ems a mate an still yet to seem em since reforming
No I haven't seen them actually play out since either.

If it's the one I'm thinking of he's had quite a full on year though. Plus that's what you get for booking munters. :p

me definatly, and who ever else I can scrape off the floor in the shires. Will be aiming for a 3-4pm start I thinks. UNless we've got a good pub meeting place for early afternoon drinks before it starts....I'd be up for that too.
the Dome is above the Boston Arms, which is a "proper boozer".

Weird venue for it? The Dome isn't very rave these days is it? I thought Dalston was more rave these days.
i think the Dome is a great venue! it is big and dirty enough, right kind of feel. i can't think of any way in which having it in dalston would make it better, only worse!

i think the Dome is a great venue! it is big and dirty enough, right kind of feel. i can't think of any way in which having it in dalston would make it better, only worse!
Not a criticism really, last time i was there to see Lightning Bolt it did feel more like a school gym though, maybe that's OK

The action will be taking place in the room below, which has more of a basement vibe to it. :cool:
oh really, i haven't seen that i don't think... is it as big? or is it the Boston Arms Music Room (ie the room on the ground floor that adjoins the pub)?

The room is smaller than the main room and more like a basement. I don't know if it adjoins the pub, but we entered it through the Dome :) It can fit a couple hundred people.

i believe it is what used to be called the Boston Arms Music Room then, you can get to that either through the Dome or from an outside door by the pub, it is that size. the Dirty Water club used to be there every friday for about 10 years, it is a good room too. but wait it's not a basement, it just has very dark curtains. anyway will be good!

if it is that room tho i'd stick a sign on the door at the Drome, as there is a seperate entrance and there might be a different night on at the upstairs Dome! or maybe i have just got it al wrong.

There will always have to be a first time (assuming there's not already been one)!

well he has been to a punk gig at this same venue already... rave is a bit different tho. he might love it, or if not i could always just leave... let's consider it!

if it is that room tho i'd stick a sign on the door at the Drome, as there is a seperate entrance and there might be a different night on at the upstairs Dome! or maybe i have just got it al wrong.

Will do!

I think it will be fairly obvious which is which, as ours will be open throughout the day... and of course there will be the usual throng milling around outside chatting/smoking etc. (unless its freezing of course :rolleyes: brrrr )

Back
Top Bottom