Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Help me with my "sleazy" Playlist.

Sleazy = filthy, rude, corrupting?
Didn’t realise it was a sonic thing, thought it was about vibe and lyrical content

Hmmm.

I will listen to the ones I don't know, but sleazy as in.... slower, dirtier, guitarier, rainier, 3am round by the bins-ier...

Somewhere between the OP songs and Closer by Nine Inch Nails-ier.
Oh, I thought a sleazy playlist was one exclusively made up of songs featuring Peter Christopherson.
Nah, if I'm understanding the assignment correctly, I'd think of the Kills as a band who nail the sleazy sound perfectly:

Is that the sort of thing you're looking for?

I was trying to think if Laughing Hyenas are too noisy to count as proper sleazy, but think this counts in my book:

Is this sleazy in quite the same sense as the tracks from the OP? I dunno. Is it a good addition to literally any playlist ever, no matter what the theme? I'd say so:

Until I saw AverageJoe's clarification, I was going with the likes of:

Vanity 6 ‘Nasty Girl’

The Adventures Of Stevie V ‘Money Talks’

Steve Ellington Band ‘Kiss’

2 Live Crew ‘Me So Horny’

But afterwards, maybe stuff more like...?

The The ‘Out Of The Blue (Into The Fire)’

Cultural note: The phrase "back door man" also used in Led Zep´s "Whole lotta love" does not mean what smutty, modern listeners imagine. It is a blues tradition, referring to an extramarital affair: the lover sneaks out via the back door when the husband comes home.

Yeah I'm aware of that. And Led Zeppelin nicked it, as they did about 50% of their early shit, from Willie Dixon.

Back
Top Bottom