Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Disastrous family seasonal attractions and the never to be forgotten Lapland New Forest Theme Park

Some minimum standards need to be legally established, together with a watchdog, in order to protect the profession. Ditto elves.

BadSanta1.jpg

Does this mean that reindeer meat is going to be the next food scandal?
Nowt wrong with a bit of reindeer meat, I receive regular supplies of this:

joikaka.jpg
"Joika cakes", a.k.a. reindeer meatballs...'in game sauce' (brown, squishy stuff). They're actually quite tasty, soft and melt inside your mouth. Nice with fresh potatoes. But some say the meat is a little bit radioactive... :hmm: Dunno about that myself, but if you wolf down the stuff you often end up spending some time in the loo reading the wrong Asterix album for the umpteenth time because you forgot to grab the right comic on your way in. :mad: Ah, well. :D

WHEN WILL PEOPLE LEARN?!

Winter blunderland! £22-a-head Christmas attraction created by Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen closes after just ONE DAY following hundreds of complaints about queues and cheap toys

Sound familiar?

The teaching assistant said she knew straight away the visit was going to be a 'nightmare' after she claimed to have spotted elves hanging around outside smoking and complaining about their shifts.

She said the Christmas illusion was then completely shattered when they saw a 'very skinny Santa.'

But seriously...

'My 15-year-old son just looked at me to say 'where on earth have you brought me to?’...'

:oops:

...I at least expected a Narnia-type illusion portraying the magic of Christmas and not a rainy building site near Birmingham...

:rolleyes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-hundreds-complaints-queues-cheap-toys.html

'My 15-year-old son just looked at me to say 'where on earth have you brought me to?’...'

I don't blame him!

However good a "Lapland experience" was, I can't imagine your average mid-teen to be wildly enthusiastic. He'd probably have been bored and unimpressed even if his parents had actually taken him on a plane to actual Lapland!

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/11/23/christmas-wonderland-the-_n_6208436.html

Every year the same..... Why do you go? It's only November !! These places are never what you expect them to be. They only want to make as much money as they can with the smallest of outlay. Disappointment gauranteed ! Children with shattered dreams!!

Advent hasn't even started and people are taking their children to a 'Christmas' theme park? They'll be starting just after Easter soon. Get real, folks. And by the way - there's no Santa, anyway!
:D :D

Close it down mate, it's a fucking joke
The magic was ruined yesterday and no amount of refund or apology can get that back!
my daughter actually doubted everything for the first time ever
a cheap con
there were two workmen stood around eating Pringles
a lot of adult humour from Mrs Clause
I've now got kids crying in the back of the car
workman standing around smoking
rubbish unwrapped presents
4 elves trying to push the train up the hill
bags of snow sitting on pallets
santa was a young lad in a £10 wilko suit
then there was a roll of toilet paper as a present (yes toilet paper)
parents looking cheated
less decorations than a garden centre
kids were bored shitless
unwrapped tat
Santa was like he was anorexic
left immediately in search of the nearest pub
a complete joke from beginning to end
Simeon Cowelf was a pointless, miserable sod of an Elf
now the kids are pretty convinced Christmas is cancelled
getting off the train it pulled away nearly running over a child
had to sit on the ground to feed my baby
You basically just walk around a small wood