Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Disastrous family seasonal attractions and the never to be forgotten Lapland New Forest Theme Park

However I'm willing to overlook that to get into the Christmas spirit :D
Good for you, we mustn't let things ruin our festive cheer! :D
Somehow I did manage to get duped by a pair of 2 and a half year olds into spending £10 on a pair of blow up penguins.
See, it's these kind of traditions that remind us all what this time of year - November - is all about :)

Yeah, if you look at the photos in this review they're nowhere near the Poundland efforts of yesteryear.
magical-journey-belfry.jpg

magical-journey-review-belfry.jpg
(Big photos - click on them to see full size)

at least this year we won't have the teeth grindingly villainous sight of peoples payed for bit by bit over the year hampers getting boyed off

I'm trying to recall Xmas in the '60s as a small child.
I have a vague recollection of Fairfax House in Bristol (1950s department store that was knocked down in the '80s) having some sort of automata Xmas thing you paid a penny or something to peer into.

There weren't so many distractions back then - we didn't even have a TV.

I'm trying to recall Xmas in the '60s as a small child.
I have a vague recollection of Fairfax House in Bristol (1950s department store that was knocked down in the '80s) having some sort of automata Xmas thing you paid a penny or something to peer into.

There weren't so many distractions back then - we didn't even have a TV.
You might have been amazed by a trip to Lapland New Forest back then. Lower expectations and all that.

I could never have been a parent.
I couldn't wait to escape Xmas - and birthdays come to that - and I've been happy to opt-out of all the other rites of passage too.

The "magic" of Xmas conditions children to accept lots of other dodgy stuff.
I get a shiver down my spine when I realise just how long it took me to shake off the last vestiges of any kind of respect for religion.

I'm all for eating, drinking and making merry here in the cold North, but you can keep the rest of it.

Back
Top Bottom