Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Disastrous family seasonal attractions and the never to be forgotten Lapland New Forest Theme Park

Fucksake that article - Oh please, it's a bit of fucking mud and you didn't get to use your £220 VIP passes which I assume you got on expenses, boo hoo, my heart is breaking for you.

It does sound as if there was some poor organisation and overenthusiastic stewarding/security, BUT:

Oh Please.JPG

War hospital and shell-shocked my fucking arse. :mad: Get a grip and some perspective.

I rocked up in Australia forgetting it was their winter and went straight to a festival. It was a much more cold and rainy experience than the Aussie soaps and cheery Aussie expats led me to expect. Overall a very friendly and unique experience and great fun though - no pools of vomit, piss or blood.

I rocked up in Australia forgetting it was their winter and went straight to a festival. It was a much more cold and rainy experience than the Aussie soaps and cheery Aussie expats led me to expect. Overall a very friendly and unique experience and great fun though - no pools of vomit, piss or blood.
People forget how cold the more Southerly parts of Aus get in the winter. I can get through a whole year in Auckland barely wearing jumpers but for about 3 months Melbourne and South of Sydney get proper cold.

I’m sure it’s been mentioned in this thread aplenty over the years, but those fascinated by the Splendour in the Park story are urged to check out the documentary on Netflix about the infamous Fyre Festival.

It is absolutely fascinating, and the scale of the fuck up, mismanagement, and eventually open fraud involved, which culminated in thousands of New York elite socialites who’d been conned out of $80,000 on average to be there pretty much going full Lord of the Flies mode and setting the place on fire on the first night, cannot be overstated. The organiser was only recently released from prison for his part in it.

Just search for ‘Fyre’ on Netflix, assuming it’s still available there. Unmissable for any fan of this thread.

I’m sure it’s been mentioned in this thread aplenty over the years, but those fascinated by the Splendour in the Park story are urged to check out the documentary on Netflix about the infamous Fyre Festival.

It is absolutely fascinating, and the scale of the fuck up, mismanagement, and eventually open fraud involved, which culminated in thousands of New York elite socialites who’d been conned out of $80,000 on average to be there pretty much going full Lord of the Flies mode and setting the place on fire on the first night, cannot be overstated. The organiser was only recently released from prison for his part in it.

Just search for ‘Fyre’ on Netflix, assuming it’s still available there. Unmissable for any fan of this thread.
Worth watching for this chaps part in it

0F1ECC54-E0ED-41F2-A860-A1FB4928909F.jpeg

Unless there are unpaid elves rolling spliffs in the car park and telling kids to piss off I don't see the relevance
OfZtxtT.gif

Unless there are unpaid elves rolling spliffs in the car park and telling kids to piss off I don't see the relevance
OfZtxtT.gif

It's another case of event organisers over-promising and under-delivering, except on a much more epic scale than the likes of Lapland New Forest.

Last edited:
OfZtxtT.gif

Can you imagine how cool it would be if there was an Xmas theme park that actually staged a whole disgruntled stoned unpaid elves taking over the shitty overpriced park and ousting Santa to form an elves collective?

Fuckit, that would be something that might make me wish I'd had kids to take to it, it would be awesome :D

Last edited:
My favourite quote

"Hey Duggee had to go on the main stage. They are only allowed to be in the costume for 20 minutes because it’s a costume and they could die."

(((Duggee)))

Having read this article, a lot of the activities you could do in the local park with some friends and family and minimal equipment. It does seem that the events / festival space is overcrowded and perhaps there’s not enough good quality crew and facilities to go around :confused:

And wtf is a lip sync battle although actually it’s perhaps better not to know :hmm:

Not the worst example we have seen in this thread perhaps, but still worthy of inclusion.

The festival's social media accounts were flooded with criticisms about hygiene at the event that took place in Abbots Ripton near Huntingdon over the weekend (July 21 to July 24). CambridgeshireLive understands that many people complained about toilets not being emptied, raw sewage and overflowing bins.

The festival also addressed the issues with the line up. "The music was terrible" and "the music made my ears burn" were just some of the things written on the festival's social media channels.

An SGP spokesperson said: "Not announcing the line up was never going to please everyone. It was different and flipped the standard format, so a few started to expect unrealistic Glastonbury sized artists like Sir Paul McCartney.

I went to SGP a couple of times and don't recall ever knowing which acts were playing - it was just a place to go and take MDMA with pretty posh people in a nice setting with a few little discotheques dotted around in tents and forest clearings rather than a serious music fest.

If it's not cheese fest or winter fest its wing fest. I really wonder what people expect when they turn up to the Trafford Centre car park for a day out.

Not long now until the rush of Halloween upset. :thumbs:

Last edited:

Mazzy Moo said: ‘I am so angry about tonight. We queued for an hour to get in the barn in the freeeezing cold. 17.15-1815 finally got in and were told it was an hour and a half queue for the bar, so we left.”

“Quite literally couldn’t organise a p*** up in a barn.”

Back
Top Bottom