Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Disastrous family seasonal attractions and the never to be forgotten Lapland New Forest Theme Park

On another board, we are dealing with the extreme anguish of a Londoner who has booked his family a last minute Christmas break to a highland village, only to find that nowhere for miles around has room for them for Christmas dinner - and no takeaways either, even the nearest curry house is closed Christmas and Boxing Days.

Also their hotel bar is closing at 5:30pm because the place is short staffed.

They had hoped to see snow and the Northern Lights too.

:D

Last edited:
Stop press. It brings me no pleasure to draw your attention to what must easily be the most soul-destroying, heartbreaking story of anguish, disappointment and ruined childhood memories this thread has ever seen :(

I think the picture the BBC chose to illustrate the story says it all...

_122070903_cryingchild.jpg
Another example of the greed and consumerism at Christmas - the complaints rolled in because there was no chocolate on a given day :facepalm:

I had some Tony's from an Oxfam shop the other week, OMG it was fucking lush. Bloody expensive though.

Me when I'd finished the bar and there was none left ^
Very ethical and very moorish but could not give it to chocoholic mil as the chocolate is much too thick, her teeth wouldn't cope with it
Expensive, yes but it's ethical chocolate.

“Elsa from Frozen was advertised but it was a dark-haired girl in a Santa dress. There was also no snow, no Santa, nothing in a Christmas show.

“It was appalling, not as advertised.”

Yet another post about something lacking, or missing or expensive.
It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas; I'm out. 👍

How can people expect children to keep believing when they’re knocking out Santa’s in TNS.
Thousands of people were left in stitches by the incident – although some merely commented that Santa was wearing Air Max 97’s not TNS.

I had a wander down to a local pub/eaterie-type place this morning to treat myself to a sit-down breakfast.

No-chance! They were holding a "Breakfast with Santa" for kids and it was packed-out.
So I hid up the end of the bar with a coffee and watched - Santa was on top form, patrolling the lounge, delivering festive cheer, posing for photos/selfies etc with the kids and parents and few bemused pensioners who were drifting-in for lunch or a drink before retreating to the grotto to give-out some more gifts. It all seemed to be going really well.

I felt cheated - and after the kids/families had drifted away, had an early lunch instead, which was rather nice. First reasonably solid food in a week, following some unpleasant dentistry so still bit painful to chew.

The first two days of the show, which opened on Friday, earned scathing reviews online. One reviewer said their children were "bored from the start". It was labelled "embarrassing" and "a shambles", while one person said customers were "herded around like cattle".

We're not here to make an easy profit and run, we're here to build magical Christmas memories, a lot of thought has gone into what's been created and we've done everything we can to provide what was promised.
:hmm:

Yesterday this...

"They charged me £10 to park on a road that anyone can park on. When questioned about it he said it was the guy who owned the road that was charging people that price."

Same event today...

"My children have been asking me millions of questions as they saw Santa putting his beard back on".

The guy that owned the road :D

I was thinking the same when I read their statement. Hats off to them: that is next level swindling. Instead of claiming those complaining are lying, admit to a small degree of inadequacy and pretend to care about the whole thing so you can lure them to another trap next year, which will bring them extra profits through money spent on site even if you are letting them in for free.

Machiavellian stuff :D

Yesterday this...

"They charged me £10 to park on a road that anyone can park on. When questioned about it he said it was the guy who owned the road that was charging people that price."

Same event today...

"My children have been asking me millions of questions as they saw Santa putting his beard back on".

The guy that owned the road :D
I pay road tax so I own the road where is my cut?
/me goes hunting for the shysters

All aboard the Polar Express!

Or perhaps, better not...

The mum said she was mostly taken back by the character's wiry, straight moustache and beard which she told her kids had been straightened.

:)

ETA: I see the article comes with a bonus story about the same experience. Two disappointments for the price of one. It must be Christmas....

Mum Claims Polar Express Experience Has Turned Her Daughter And Niece Into A 'Non Believer'​

It wouldn't be the festive season without Santa Claus but for one mum, meeting the world's most iconic gift giver was an experience she and her family would rather forget.
Melissa Evans, from Staffordshire, is demanding a refund from Telford Steam Railways' Polar Express experience as she claims their Santa turned her daughter and niece into 'non-believers'.
The 35-year-old shared an image on Facebook along with a scathing review declaring he 'looked nothing like Santa', with his trim figure and short grey beard.

Last edited:
All aboard the Polar Express!

Or perhaps, better not...

:)

ETA: I see the article comes with a bonus story about the same experience. Two disappointments for the price of one. It must be Christmas....

Mum Claims Polar Express Experience Has Turned Her Daughter And Niece Into A 'Non Believer'​

Surely her biggest problem is that her kids still believe in Santa, at the ages of 9 and 12.

Gina Rawlings-Jones said she paid £144 for her sons, Harley, 12, and nine-year-old Jonah to meet Father Christmas on a steam train at Telford Steam Railway in Shropshire.

“Elsa from Frozen was advertised but it was a dark-haired girl in a Santa dress. There was also no snow, no Santa, nothing in a Christmas show.

The comments on that are a potpourri of 2021 interweb disjointedness. Almost like poetry.

“I paid £20 to see Santa with my son, and when I arrived, nobody was there, the tent was dark and then an elf popped out to say the generator had packed up.

Back
Top Bottom