Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Disastrous family seasonal attractions and the never to be forgotten Lapland New Forest Theme Park

Seems there is a travelling Titanic exhibition, heavily promoted on Facebook, about to launch (after a delay) in “Central London” - ie out in Canada Water.

I have this sinking feeling.

Oh wow! I'd love to go to that - expensive though, not sure I can justify it :(

Maybe wait to see what the reviews are like first?

Despite the claims of it “touring“ there don’t seem to be many reviews out there from other places, at least under the same name.

It's been on for 2 weeks now, should be reviews. This one seems fairly balanced. I don't really care, I'm a bit obsessed with the Titanic. :oops:

One on the Torygraph site too which I can't read as it's paywalled.

'It doesn’t help that the commentator speaks in a strange mid-Atlantic accent, like Matt Berry’s Steven Toast, the out-of-work actor in Toast of London. He also pronounces words wrongly – he calls the Renaissance the “Renessence” and talks of Nova “Scott-ia”.'

Wrongly. :mad: Count me out.

Before demolition, deconstruction or whatever it is they are doing with it, it would make a great site for someone's funeral pyre. ( It is in spitting distance of the Tyburn Gallows).

Sadly I don't have any new stories of reveller misery to report, but coming here just to wish everyone a happy Jubilee weekend, and hope that the festivities will bring us many tales of rip off events, disappointed parents, and angry partygoers :thumbs:

Last edited:
Sadly I don't have any new stories of reveller misery to report, but coming here just to wish everyone a happy Jubilee weekend, and hope that the festivities will bring us many tales of rip offs events, disappointed parents and angry partygoers :thumbs:
I'm very disappointed. Such a major celebration isn't even acknowledged here, so no time off. Bloody Spanish not showing appropriate respect to her great and wonderful majesty. Where would they be if it wasn't for the English tourists keeping their country afloat?

Summer never fails to provide a few disappointments for the kiddiewinks.

"If you’re thinking of going to the Nickelodeon Experience at Heaton Park in Manchester - don’t. Save yourself the extortionate entry fee and just watch SpongeBob in your garden in the rain."

"The event is the only one of its kind in the UK, offering visitors of all ages the opportunity to explore a site full of adventure and interactive experiences.

“Each zone in the Nickelodeon Experience brings to life a popular TV show from the channel for fans to enjoy at their leisure. Younger fans can explore the Ninja Turtles’ underground network of tunnels, climb aboard Santiago of the Seas’ ship and meet their favourite Paw Patrol characters.

"Among the attractions for kids is an interactive Hunter Street escape room, a Henry Danger maze and a zone dedicated to the Thundermans school for superheroes, where audiences get to perfect their superhero powers.

These three paragraphs are pure advertising copy, and should have been edited out of the final article. FFS.

"Our bus back to Byron was like a war hospital. Bloodied, muddied, shell-shocked people, sitting in silence with thousand-yard stares, shaking their heads every now and then. Nobody was talking; the only sound was that of a quiet rage. We didn’t return for day three."

"Our bus back to Byron was like a war hospital. Bloodied, muddied, shell-shocked people, sitting in silence with thousand-yard stares, shaking their heads every now and then. Nobody was talking; the only sound was that of a quiet rage. We didn’t return for day three."

" there was no way to get into the grounds without wading through a slippery blend of mud, vomit and piss, a knee-high horror bog that smelled of death and made you wish for it." :D

Non-AMP link: Splendour in the Grass 2022: bus chaos, noxious mud and public urination at an ‘unbelievably awful’ time

Google AMP is bad

This thread reminds me of this disappointing family activity festival from last year, plugged by the nation's favourite piss-swigging former weekend warrior Bear Grylls.

It's coming back this year of course.

It'll prepare them all for when they get tickets for Glastonbury and pours down for the whole week - character building 😆

Back
Top Bottom