Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Disastrous family seasonal attractions and the never to be forgotten Lapland New Forest Theme Park

Sending everyone to the wrong place before they've even got there is good work.

Even the mighty original Lapland got people to the right address before disappointing them.
And how!

745523.jpg

I think we have inspired some journo.
"I’d envisaged a steroid-fuelled Hard Rock Café mated with a slick, Warner Bros theme park ride, whereas what I found was more comparable to those incredible failing grottoes that open in the UK each Christmas, where the elves smoke Marlboros behind a foam-spitting snow machine next to a donkey with conjunctivitis that makes the kids cry."

Families have been left "upset" and "angry" after a much-anticipated Christmas experience was called off.
The North Pole Experience at Thoresby Park in Nottinghamshire was billed as "magical", with some paying hundreds of pounds to bring the whole family.
But its sudden cancellation was announced on Tuesday, leading one mother to call it "the nightmare before Christmas".
Organisers said it could not go ahead due to "unforeseen circumstances".

"The money is a nightmare, I can't afford to lose that. But I feel so deflated, the little kids' faces when I told them they can't go - they were all crying."

"We were so excited for it, it's the first time my little boy will really understand Christmas," she said.
- he understands now, he understands good....

It’s not like I want people to be disappointed even if they’re naive, but assuming they get their money back promptly, a lot of the parents interviewed are shamelessly milking it for all it’s worth.

A child being heartbroken on the day by a shit Christmas experience is one thing. A child being told weeks ago they’re going to go at some point over Christmas to a wonderland theme park they haven’t seen and don’t know what to expect of, then told they might have to go somewhere else to see Santa instead is nowhere near as traumatic. Just promise the kid a different magical day out ffs, or don’t even bother tell them you’re taking them to a different gig altogether, and most won’t even notice anyway.

"There is no skate-up bar and the decor that is there, including a giant mushroom, they say is 'not what anyone expects' from a festive event."

TBF, the clue was in the event's title. :D

The Unreal Xmas event is the first of its kind at the rebranded Trafford Palazzo site, formerly Barton Square, across from the Trafford Centre.

If you're having that I'm having the poor woman whose family paid £4,000 for her to have the magical experience of standing in a shed for 10 hours a day in December.

AJ told the Manchester Evening News : “I’ve always gone to the Christmas Markets as a customer and it always seems so magical, but being on the other side of it has been so sad."

If you're having that I'm having the poor woman whose family paid £4,000 for her to have the magical experience of standing in a shed for 10 hours a day in December.

AJ told the Manchester Evening News : “I’ve always gone to the Christmas Markets as a customer and it always seems so magical, but being on the other side of it has been so sad."

I flogged Xmas trees outside Morrisons a few years ago. I did OK cash wise, but it would have to be a lot more to make me want to stand outside dealing with the public in Winter again.

Back
Top Bottom