Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Disastrous family seasonal attractions and the never to be forgotten Lapland New Forest Theme Park

Idea.

We should start doing donations to people who want to attend something potentially shit in their area so their ticket gets paid for them in preparation for the shitness? If they strike gold and get refunded they can then refund us our donations, or instead donate the refund to the server fund?

Not a big story by this thread's standards, but 'dozens of people expressing overwhelming objection' has a nice ring to it...

Dozens of people have expressed overwhelming objection to a Christmas Fayre's "ridiculous" entry fee.

The event in Llandudno is charging people £4.50 to enter this year, compared with £2.50 last year, although children under 16 are still free.

But many said they couldn't afford to fork out and some called for a boycott.

Yesterday, we reported how business owners in the town said road closures for the four-day event are costing them thousands of pounds in takings.

It also emerged that parents of children performing on the stage at the event are having to pay the entry fee to watch them.

What you had to say about Llandudno Christmas Fayre's controversial entry fee

I've just revisited the very first Lapland thread (linked to on the first post of this thread). £25 admission ticket does not sound that expensive anymore, in particular considering how many laughs one would have got out of a visit there. I guess that's inflation for you...

7.jpg

Why can't Moonpig make a card out of this? :D

I've just revisited the very first Lapland thread (linked to on the first post of this thread). £25 admission ticket does not sound that expensive anymore, in particular considering how many laughs one would have got out of a visit there. I guess that's inflation for you...

Does the ONS include disappointment in the 'basket of goods' yet?

Reindeer puppet at Lowry Outlet started singing 'inappropriate' Christmas song
At least this was a genuine case of inappropriate language. A couple of years ago a firm was forced to recall a soft toy mouse that sang ‘Jingle Bells’ because some imbecile parent complained on Twitter it sounded like “Paedophile, paedophile, paedos all the way!”

Dorset firm recalls 'paedophile' mouse

ETA: here’s the Evel grooming mouse

Back
Top Bottom