Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Disastrous family seasonal attractions and the never to be forgotten Lapland New Forest Theme Park

This ones genius to be fair. Charge a group of people £30 and send them on a wild goose chase around the city.

Birmingham Murder Mystery Day
TBF to the organisers, at least there is no obvious misrepresentation (AFAICT anyway) of what’s being offered. If you’re into that kind of treasure hunt shit, the description of the experience will probably live up to the expectations you had about the event. Or at worst prove to be not much more than a slight disappointment.

The gulf between expectations and reality in all of the Winterval/ gourmet food/ Medieval/ Peaky Blinders events that have been reported ITT over the last few years seem far worse, and a modern masterpiece in the art of swindling.

Because of this thread being bumped today I was again reading the background/ aftermath story to the original Lapland New Forest debacle, and I love how to the very end the two brothers responsible protested their innocence and maintained the venue was adequately set up and provided a lovely experience.

Incredibly they were eventually acquitted when one of the jurors was caught tweeting about the case during the defendants’ appeal to their 13-month sentence. As they had already spent a number of months in jail the Crown Prosecution decided not to push for a fresh appeal process. So unless I got it wrong the two guys have actually been cleared of any wrongdoing for Lapland New Forest, and would be legally free to set up a new gig. I hope they do for old times’ sake.

So unless I got it wrong the two guys have actually been cleared of any wrongdoing for Lapland New Forest, and would be legally free to set up a new gig. I hope they do for old times’ sake.

the-band.gif

‘Christmas Eve sold out in 10 minutes’
bbc said:
Santa tickets: ‘Christmas Eve sold out in 10 minutes’

_103833348_xmassellout.png

With more than two months still to go until Christmas, tickets to see Santa have already sold out at some venues.

Parents who have had to buy tickets as early as September have compared it to getting a ticket to Glastonbury.

Pugh's Garden Village in Radyr, Cardiff, sold out all weekends in December after being on sale for just over an hour.

Its senior manager Kara Pugh, said: "Our tickets for Christmas Eve were gone in 10 minutes."

She added: "Sales seem to be getting quicker each year, especially within the last five years."

_103866583_8387ea11-03e9-40e7-9af5-321a68c55c92.jpg

Cathryn Scott, who runs Cardiff Mummy Says, a lifestyle blog for parents, said: "I know friends who keep four browsers open at the same time to make sure they're getting tickets.

"They'll put phone reminders on and make sure they're available on the day of release. It's a bit like getting a ticket to Glastonbury."

I can't help but feel like they're setting themselves up for disappointment!

grinch.04.jpg

Because of this thread being bumped today I was again reading the background/ aftermath story to the original Lapland New Forest debacle, and I love how to the very end the two brothers responsible protested their innocence and maintained the venue was adequately set up and provided a lovely experience.

Incredibly they were eventually acquitted when one of the jurors was caught tweeting about the case during the defendants’ appeal to their 13-month sentence. As they had already spent a number of months in jail the Crown Prosecution decided not to push for a fresh appeal process. So unless I got it wrong the two guys have actually been cleared of any wrongdoing for Lapland New Forest, and would be legally free to set up a new gig. I hope they do for old times’ sake.
Don't suppose you found a good source that basically covers the whole thing? I'm looking to do an online advent calendar, and want to use Lapland New Forest for one of the windows :D

There should be some a kind of word bingo or drinking game every time a festive event fail story is accompanied by the following words or themes.

SLAMMED
FURIOUS
SHAMBLES
RUINED
(CHILDREN) IN TEARS
ANGRY PARENTS
FACEBOOK PETITION
DEMANDING REFUNDS
TRADING STANDARDS
TEETHING PROBLEMS
QUEUING FOR HOURS
ORGANISERS UNAVAILABLE FOR COMMENT / NOT ANSWERING PHONE
PLASTIC ANIMALS
UNICORNS WHICH ARE NOT REAL UNICORNS
PHOTO OF 'UNICORN' SHIT
BROKEN ICE RINK

Extra points for Santa or Elves being menacing, having a fag, or carrying weapons.

Back
Top Bottom