Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Disastrous family seasonal attractions and the never to be forgotten Lapland New Forest Theme Park

Looks like Woburn Abbey are carrying the Lapland New Forest candle for this year

Over a tenner to get-in.
Two hour traffic queues
Fairy lights in the trees
Melting ice sculptures
Rip-off extras - three quid "lantern" that amounted to a paper bag with a little lamp inside
And the pinnacle of the event - a "fire sculpture" - which resembled someone in a wheelchair

With disappointed children all-round!

Families paid for 'spectacular light, fire and ice event' but got this instead

The festive season has truly begun! :D

9.jpg

Looks like Woburn Abbey are carrying the Lapland New Forest candle for this year

Over a tenner to get-in.
Two hour traffic queues
Fairy lights in the trees
Melting ice sculptures
Rip-off extras - three quid "lantern" that amounted to a paper bag with a little lamp inside
And the pinnacle of the event - a "fire sculpture" - which resembled someone in a wheelchair

With disappointed children all-round!

Families paid for 'spectacular light, fire and ice event' but got this instead

The festive season has truly begun! :D

9.jpg
The true spirit of Christmas :cool:

If there's one in WY I'll take my children.

Ackworth Winter Wonderland, near Wakefield is the best (possibly only) bet. Festive Fun - Christmas in Yorkshire

Forget the kids, why don't we have the next Urban Yorkshire meet in Ackworth?

PS The site has a helpful countdown to the big day on its homepage.

PPS, I'm going to the Ribbon Masterclass
Christmas Masterclasses - Christmas - Ackworth Garden Centre

PPPS I see the whole thing is just a massive advert for festive crap in Yorkshire

What do people expect these places to actually be like, I wonder?

People just need to lower their expectations quite a lot, then at least they wouldn't be so upset when they get there....

What do people expect these places to actually be like, I wonder?

People just need to lower their expectations quite a lot, then at least they wouldn't be so upset when they get there....

I guess it depends how much you have to pay to get in.

Ackworth Winter Wonderland, near Wakefield is the best (possibly only) bet. Festive Fun - Christmas in Yorkshire

Forget the kids, why don't we have the next Urban Yorkshire meet in Ackworth?

PS The site has a helpful countdown to the big day on its homepage.

PPS, I'm going to the Ribbon Masterclass
Christmas Masterclasses - Christmas - Ackworth Garden Centre

PPPS I see the whole thing is just a massive advert for festive crap in Yorkshire
Today has the perfect weather for it.

Ok, I think people are looking for things to be upset about now.
Except that. That's odd.

I mean, at Hallowe'en or Guy Fawkes' that'd be pretty appropriate because it's creepy as hell, but it doesn't really suit the season of Christmas cheer :(

I disagree. It could be seen as Tiny Tim discarding his crutch, thanks to Mr Scrooge embracing the spirit of Christmas.

11201879_10153193332726408_3641781212646996793_n.jpg

Yeah. I think people managed to get most of their stock out before it got too bad though.
"most" could be the difference between being able to make ends meet or not, esp with the loss of an important trading day in the run-up to xmas. i know many people whose work could be easily ruined in heavy rain or winds. at least we have sheds rather than tents at our outdoor market, but i can guarantee the traders will have been badly affected by the storms over the weekend. </not proper urbanz>

"We took our kids to see Santa at Arnos Vale [Victorian cemetery] yesterday. Total rip off. The "magical walk with elves to find Santa" was a loop around some graves that took approximately 1 minute and was with a guy in a Christmas jumper. Meeting Father Christmas, was all the kids sat in a crypt together, while Father Christmas who wasn't even wearing his beard properly it was hanging off his chin and was only about 40 , read them all a poem whilst seeming bored and a bit weird. He didn't talk to the kids individually and then it was right line up and collect a present and off we went. The whole thing lasted about 10 minutes. Total waste of money don't bother. I'm going to complain but wanted to pre warn anyone thinking of going"

From my local FB group ... I just googled and this event costs the strange amount of £8.04 each.

I've never bothered taking mine to see FC, it either seems to be a rip off or a traumatising terrifying experience.

was nagged to take grandchild to 'Santa's Grotto' at Notcutts in Norwich. The look of frozen fear as the 3year old was ho ho ho'd at by the 16 year old Santa was gloriously captured on the obligatory photo...and will be used in evidence if this suggestion comes up again this year. -

Back
Top Bottom