Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Disastrous family seasonal attractions and the never to be forgotten Lapland New Forest Theme Park

Tonight's Winter Wonderland in Truro:

So disappointed with Truro tonight! We were there since 11am told it would be a winter wonderland and it's was one snow machine at the end of the street with foam and the frozen characters refused to do the parade because of online threats

Not sure who organised this but they should be ashamed of themselves! We spent over an hour walking from one end of this street to the other through a very angry crowd. As you can see in the photo this was all there was on offer for the thousands of people attending this event..
For the safety of my 2 (very disappointed) children we left Truro as soon as we could.

Winter wonderland in truro was advertised as boscown street being covered in snow but instead you have an area the size of half a tennis court where you have to pay £2 for 5 mins in the snow bit of a joke to be fair

So disappointing. Queued up for ages to see a few people chucking foam balls at each other from a builders bucket. Not what was advertised at all

Attachments

• 1934057_779865202139060_7058286952402424175_n.jpg
    1934057_779865202139060_7058286952402424175_n.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 96
  • 1934058_10153796796089725_6955488994605897583_n.jpg
    1934058_10153796796089725_6955488994605897583_n.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 108
Tbf any pub Christmas dinner will be almost as bad or even worse & will have probably been cooked mostly on Xmas eve to save staff costs. I made the mistake of going out for Xmas dinner a few yrs ago at a pub chain, never again.

Shit pub Xmas dinners deserves it's own thread really, perhaps there is one already? I can't be arsed to look. :D

Can't download the link, but if the management weren't left with the plate stuffed in the first available orifce ( after refusing a refund) than the customer really can't complain.
Am assuming they paid for the meal in advance?
They got a full refund

Not quite in the same scale, but you have to take your hat off to the organiser of this 'kids festival' event in Essex with £14 admission prices, and which main attraction consisted of a 'castle' made out of cardboard boxes

nintchdbpict000257482666.jpg

Apologies for the gutter press link
Tragic Kingdom: Police called to children's fun day 'disgrace'

Not quite in the same scale, but you have to take your hat off to the organiser of this 'kids festival' event in Essex with £14 admission prices, and which main attraction consisted of a 'castle' made out of cardboard boxes

nintchdbpict000257482666.jpg

Apologies for the gutter press link
Tragic Kingdom: Police called to children's fun day 'disgrace'
The event was a complete and utter disgrace, it was basically a school fete, the only thing free was pretty much some cardboard boxes and paint, and a very small "circus" area manned by a rude girl who sat on her phone the entire time.
Amazing :D

They were sold online by Mr Kembery's company 'Winter Fest'

Mr Kembery has previously faced criticism over a Frozen-themed pop-up event which featured £25 face paints and a 'snow' pit made with foam.

The event also offered a less-than-impressive cardboard cut-out of a castle and a small bouncy castle.
Clearly continuing the fine tradition into the summer.

Mr Kembery is understood to have cancelled an upcoming 'Jurassic pop-up' restaurant in the wake of the Kidz Fest complaints.
Inflatable dinosaurs and some ferns, p'raps? :D

Every time I see things like this I just think of that Phoenix Nights episode with the 'fun day' where they put some scaffolding inside some portacabin urinals to make a 'kids climbing frame', made a ball pit out of old footballs found on the roof, and turned the condom machine into a Jerry the berry penny chew dispenser (for 10p a chew)

Every time I see things like this I just think of that Phoenix Nights episode with the 'fun day' where they put some scaffolding inside some portacabin urinals to make a 'kids climbing frame', made a ball pit out of old footballs found on the roof, and turned the condom machine into a Jerry the berry penny chew dispenser (for 10p a chew)
"Not what it looks. Not what it looks. It's a twenty-foot cock and balls man."

Enough is enough.

We know about the appalling Winter Wonderlands, Laplands, cardboard grottos, and elves seen having a fag around the back, so this year Urbanites must pull together to stop this annual disappointing experience for kiddies everywhere, and their shattered parents who have to pay up to £100 for tickets.

If any of you see adverts on lamp posts, or in free newspapers, TELL URBAN, and we will stop this heartless ripoff.

This cruel insult to decent folk must end.

Last edited:
Have spent many hours in last year trying to attach false inflated antlers on the neighbours Great Dane
She wont wear it - well not in the way necessary to have our own local Winterval Doggerland (another vanished space we should cherish) Festival
I shall vicarious live out the frenzy of joy these events induce, here on this by now, Traditional thread

Enough is enough.

We know about the appalling Winter Wonderlands, Laplands, cardboard grottos, and elves seem having a fag around the back, so this year Urbanites must pull together to stop this annual disappointing experience for kiddies everywhere, and their shattered parents who have to pay up to £100 for tickets.

If any of you see adverts on lamp posts, or in free newspapers, TELL URBAN, and we will stop this heartless ripoff.

This cruel insult to decent folk must end.

Nooooooo it's to hilarious to stop :D

Back
Top Bottom