Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dining Table/Chair Set Deals

Been browsing on the Wayfair site today, they do have some nice stuff but I do wish they had more filters for the options - I can't seem to filter out enough stuff that I don't want (stools/benches/counter height dining sets etc) which leaves me wading through a lot of pages of unsuitable dining sets!!!

There's a wood one I quite like, a bit pricier than I was looking to spend, but I might come back to that if I can't find similar a bit cheaper elsewhere.

What have you been jabbing the table with? :D

Well the first few marks where from the moving house and the guys putting extremely heavy sharp edged crates on top, the rest are from Magoo learning to use a knife and fork 🤦‍♀️. But still i do think it's excellent value, its never going to be a family heirloom but fingers crossed we will get 10 years + out of it.

Ours has a lot of knife and fork marks as well as the glitter. Can't have nice things with kids around.

Aye, I can imagine. Whatever we get is going to end up with scratches all over it from the cats using it as a launch pad anyway, so how it looks to start with is kind of academic :( :D

I bought this recently. It’s great.

I put the table together myself but the bench seats were difficult - I fucked the first one up and Dad had to fix it and I made him do the second without my involvement.
Glitter, would you mind taking a photo of your set up? I find it difficult to imagine the stock photos in a real house :D
Would you say you could put an adult on a chair on one/both ends of the table with kids on the bench seats?

Glitter, would you mind taking a photo of your set up? I find it difficult to imagine the stock photos in a real house :D
Would you say you could put an adult on a chair on one/both ends of the table with kids on the bench seats?
You can but the chairs won’t tuck under after you’ve finished.

I took this earlier when I made it look nice :) We had mum and dad round for tea earlier. I pulled it out, they sat on the benches with the kids and I sat on a chair at the end. 19BC742A-85C1-4489-8B45-F38F7D81CA19.jpeg

Thanks, I think I'll get that :thumbs:

I was eyeing up something similar in Next that was about £600 but couldn’t work out if it would work and it was tok much to take a punt on. I think I got this one a bit cheaper than the link above but thought, even if it isn’t absolutely what I wanted, at that price I would go for it.

It’s not long and it’s not extendable but it would do you guys for a good few years I reckon.

Last edited:
I did the right thing by holding off buying anything - although it meant we all ate Xmas dinner on the sofas with plates on our laps, we have made arrangements to pick up a dining table found on our local freecycle tomorrow - quite local and will be able to carry it home as OH is off work and can help.

Now I just need to look out for some chairs, I have 2 non matching chairs - one is an old one of OH's that needs a new cushion pad and fabric due to cat attention over the years (I'll borrow a staple gun and get that sorted using some sturdy canvas type fabric) and the other is a wobbly one that I rescued from a nearby fly-tipping hotspot. Not sure how to fix the wobble, but am prepared to give it a go, it also needs new pad and fabric.

As they don't match I might just embrace the eclectic and paint/upholster them in contrasting but complimentary colours.

Last edited:
I’m trying to decide what to do with this space

91656143-BD61-48D4-9B13-ABF013F4A794.jpeg

It’s where I will put a dining table but I also have this bike and armchair to fit in somehow.

It’s approx 2.2m wide so not much space for chairs either side.

The solution is probably a drop leaf table, so it’s good for 1 person most of the time, but expands out to 4/6 people when I have guests (the armchair and bike could go elsewhere on the rare occasions)

Any ideas. I was eyeing up this one on gumtree a snip at £25

D8751511-68E8-4AA4-9F7D-D865436D4AE8.png8959C258-C554-4DC3-889A-3CCFA302C24E.png
I really liked this one for £150 but it just won’t fit in the space
C3205084-D55F-41A7-BE45-36EC37208733.png

Anything I am missing urban?

Back
Top Bottom