Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Has anyone got Gary Rhodes At The Table?

I don't think so, although the recipe for the one in question doesn't seem to be available, I did find a shopping list for the ingredients for it, and it involved star anise
Yes I found that too. I could have a good go at making it just using that having seen him make it but it's more reassuring having the instructions.

I'm just watching an old Gary Rhodes show and he made a smoked haddock and spinach open lasagne.

I can't find the recipe on the internet. It's from quite a while ago. It looks delicious and really quite simple but impressive.

Does anyone by any chance have this book and would be kind enough to post a photo of the recipe here for me?

I'd be most grateful.
If you're having smoked fish there is nothing finer than a kipper

Yes I found that too. I could have a good go at making it just using that having seen him make it but it's more reassuring having the instructions.

Especially as the shopping list didn't include "storecupboard" ingredients like flour etc. - would be easy to have it end up being too sloppy or too gloopy trying to guess that sort of thing on a dish you've not made before.

Especially as the shopping list didn't include "storecupboard" ingredients like flour etc. - would be easy to have it end up being too sloppy or too gloopy trying to guess that sort of thing on a dish you've not made before.
I don't think it has any flour in it anyway. The sauce is made by reducing the wine and then adding cream and some butter and "frothing" it with a hand blender.

I don't think it has any flour in it anyway. The sauce is made by reducing the wine and then adding cream and some butter and "frothing" it with a hand blender.

Aye but from the shopping list thing we found, it wouldn't be possible to tell whether it was a flour based béchamel or flourless - I'd have been inclined to crack on with a classic béchamel (what with the word lasagne being in the title!) since it was unclear one way or the other! Which would have been the wrong method in this case, as it turns out - so glad someone was able to post the recipe, I actually have some smoked haddock atm and I think OH will be all over this.

Aye but from the shopping list thing we found, it wouldn't be possible to tell whether it was a flour based béchamel or flourless - I'd have been inclined to crack on with a classic béchamel (what with the word lasagne being in the title!) since it was unclear one way or the other! Which would have been the wrong method in this case, as it turns out - so glad someone was able to post the recipe, I actually have some smoked haddock atm and I think OH will be all over this.
Ooh give it a go and let's compare notes 😊

I made a spinach and haddock lasagne once and it was delicious.

I then made another one for my Italian friend who thought it was the work of satan and a monstrous insult to Italian cuisine.

I haven't made another one since.
So you caused a diplomatic incident and that's why our relations with Italy have never been the same since. :(

I bet danny la rouge has made your recipe but with pilchards.

I’ll save you the £3.

Pile all your stuff up. Really tall. Then when you think nothing else can possibly go on top without falling, add a slice of black pudding. And a poached egg. Then another poached egg on top of that.
You forgot:
Fill a squeeze bottle full with sauce.
Squeeze out a tiny drizzle of it in a wanky swirly pattern around the edge.

Nah. I'd be very disturbed if anyone actually had him at the table. On account of him having been dead for 4 years.
I was wondering about that. I knew that either him or the violinist had died. Maybe, they're both dead.

I was wondering about that. I knew that either him or the violinist had died. Maybe, they're both dead.
Just checked and Nigel Kennedy is still alive. Oddly I knew exactly who you meant and his name without having to think about it - maybe they were related.

Reactions: tim
Back
Top Bottom