Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Decent horror sequels

D'wards

IT'S YOUR DECISION DANIEL
Are there any? Any that aren't just remakes of the original?

Freddy's New Nightmare was quite good, but that's maybe because it's quite meta.

Dawn of the Dead was superb, though I'm not sure if it counts as a sequel

R.E.C. 2 is not as great as the first, but it’s still pretty decent. I also like the fact that it’s set 10 minutes after the ending of the first film, so a nice immediate continuation of the original story.

Scream II. Was much better than it could have been.
Speaking of that franchise, the upcoming new instalment (Scream VI) seems to have surprisingly positive reviews across the board.

Which I guess in the general spirit of this thread, must be a strong candidate for the best 5th horror sequel ever made.

A few franchises have good sequels, I think: Alien, Halloween, Jaws and The Omen, plus Final Destination, albeit the latter's quite cheesy.

Speaking of that franchise, the upcoming new instalment (Scream VI) seems to have surprisingly positive reviews across the board.

Which I guess in the general spirit of this thread, must be a strong candidate for the best 5th horror sequel ever made.
Just got back from seeing this and really enjoyed it.

I mean it’s silly, the story is tenuous but it has to be to keep going.
It was very violent and gory.

I like the Scream films because there’s humour and they do kind of take the piss out of themselves.

I absolutely didn’t want to use the loos after and was having Ghostface panic when I heard noises in another cubicle after. 😄

Back
Top Bottom