Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dear Suburban, what the F#CK is this??? (Warning: contains grubs but behind spoiler)

fucthest8

Cool people die horrible, preventable deaths.
So, I've had problems in the past with unidentified rodents in me compost. Once they cleared off I carefully sealed the front (where the original "door" was missing) with a heavy paving slab and hoped this would prevent further incursions.

Slightly dismayed just now to notice a little spoil from around the edge. Closer inspection indicates that slab is still pretty close to the bin, and the spoil is very fine. I go to move the slab ... and I can't budge it. Give it some welly and the following is revealed

A mass of silk all formed into chambers, each on containing a wiggly grub. But of what suburban, OF WHAT???
There are a LOT of chambers

IMG_20200723_120427.jpgIMG_20200723_120441_BURST001_COVER.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200723_120422.jpg
    IMG_20200723_120422.jpg
    466 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Hmm, apols, the one pic is outside the spoiler for some reason and I can't put it back ... but it's the safe one.

Wow! That's amazing!
Pics could be a bit clearer though. I can't see enough detail to get the full horror.

Hopefully not related to your profile pic. Avatar. Whatever the fuck they’re called.

Ah yeah that's a lot clearer - I think those are those colony type caterpillars.

Have they created that whole structure themselves or have they burrowed into something?

Well, they are on the edge of the compost, but thee structure is all their own - in fact the second nest was between the pacing slab and the breeze block that holds it in place, so no matter for them to use at all

Last edited:
Well, they are on the edge of the compost, but thee structure is all their own - in fact the second best was between the pacing slab and the breeze block that holds it in place, so no matter for them to use at all
I know it all looks vile but that's amazing isn't it?

I really did try to protect you

<tapes flamethrower to pulse rifle>

I know, I know, it's my own fault, I just couldn't help but have a peek. I have a proper phobia too so it was full on ringing-in-the-ears and gorge rising type deal when I did look :D

Back
Top Bottom