Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Danny Baker's BBC London show to be axed.

Robey gave a very different version of events. He claimed he had been in discussion with Danny's agent since the summer about changing to a weekly show, partially cos of Danny's increased workload and his decision to take 3 months off in the summer.

N. And given that I care very little what a lorry driver from Dagenham has to say on anything I care even less what his colleague from Newcastle or Bristol or what ever little provincial hell-hole has to say nor am I interested in listening to regional accents in terms of the broadcasters themselves.

Salford might as well be a different country as far as I am concerned.

"little provincial hell-hole".

It's a shame London doesn't have even more people from these places, it would be a much nicer city. Instead it's like a crap New York with all the problems of Manhattan but not much of the buzz.

Your accent is "regional" too. You just don't think it is. I hope for your sake it isn't a cockney one, as that generally sounds like someone vomiting slowly down the front of their shirt.

50 quid for the co-hosts he said too. Which isn't enough to live on. They'd have to do a shift at Burger King after the show to survive.

50 quid for the co-hosts he said too. Which isn't enough to live on. They'd have to do a shift at Burger King after the show to survive.
That has to be nonsense, surely? I know he said it twice and seemed sincere but £50 a show?

Its Gary, Gary, Gary Crowley
And thats all you've got left
Your radio's a mess
Baker's been cut adrift

i have GLR tapes with Crowley jingles. embedded on my brain FOREVER.

Gary 'Err' Crowley. This is just unbelievable how many times he say's 'err'. Fucking listen to him.:eek:

Count the number of times he says "the lovely ....." per show too.

At least now that Danny's gone, it saves me the disappointment of putting the radio on at 3 expecting Danny and finding he's off for the day and Gary Crowley is standing in.

Now I just won't switch it on at all in the first place. :(

Is he doing boring lists as usual?

"Phone in with album titles that start with the letter R"
"Let's make a list of household items that are blue"
"Songs that mention aeroplanes"
"Celebrities who wear glasses"

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

...nor am I interested in listening to regional accents in terms of the broadcasters themselves.
disagree on that. Danny and robert both have regional accents and personally speaking all the super-clipped queens english on radio 4 puts me off completely

If that's after deductions it's £1000 a month, for two hours a day. Plenty of time to supplement that doing other things I guess.

If that's after deductions it's £1000 a month, for two hours a day. Plenty of time to supplement that doing other things I guess.
In fairness, they won't just work on the show for the two hours they're on air.

Probably. I honestly don't actually know what their contribution is, but I'd say it's pretty unlikely they just turn up, do two hours of on air japes and then knock off.

Robert of course has the best queen's mockney money can buy
more mockney accents please!

im not sure how mockney it is though...i think hes someone who has moved between groups of people and his childhood accent was probably pretty cockney, and he has a bit of a split personality about it, and can speak proper when e 'as to.

In fairness, they won't just work on the show for the two hours they're on air.

Probably. I honestly don't actually know what their contribution is, but I'd say it's pretty unlikely they just turn up, do two hours of on air japes and then knock off.
at least an hour in the pub before ;)

more mockney accents please!

im not sure how mockney it is though...i think hes someone who has moved between groups of people and his childhood accent was probably pretty cockney, and he has a bit of a split personality about it, and can speak proper when e 'as to.

Yeah I think you're right but it often feels like it's being rather deliberately emphasised, especially if he's speaking to some cab driver who's phoned in.

It get the impression that Danny Baker also spends many an evening on the internet finding the odds and ends of audio and music that feature on the show. Nice work if you can get it...but still work of a sort.
yeah its a great show - definitely lots of work goes into it. really hard to keep the level up 5 days a week year in year out, but he does.
Did.

Yeah I think you're right but it often feels like it's being rather deliberately emphasised, especially if he's speaking to some cab driver who's phoned in.
cor blimey, youre not wrong there. silly 'erbert!

Back
Top Bottom