Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cycling Track

The sailing is well dodgy. Basically, the Dane and the Dutchman both said he touched the buoy. He says he knew he didn't touch it, but he also knew it was his word against two of theirs, which was never going to go his way. So he took a penalty spin rather than fight a battle he would lose. If he's right, it's blatant cheating.

It backfired anyway, cos it pissed Ainslie off. He took his revenge today on the water with a breathtaking display of match racing.
Olympic rule 2.75.27: Grasses get all their points deducted and sent home. Cunts!

Isn't he arguing that it's against the ethics and not the rules as they stand and therefore IF it had been the French then the British media et al would have been up in arms at such unsporting conduct?

[/quote]
Happened in the gymnastics with the Japanese appeal. The lads made not a tone... not even the journalists. Grinned all the way through the medal ceremony.

Happened in the gymnastics with the Japanese appeal. The lads made not a tone... not even the journalists. Grinned all the way through the medal ceremony.[/quote]

Different sport, different characters involved.
Look at how hard Brailsford argued the toss over an obvious breach in the women's sprint and all the yapping about Germany and Australia not helping them out in the RR.

It looks like something from A clockwork orange, strange.

ec788435-4c13-4cf3-8791-6dab041faf07-460.jpeg

He should be wearing a breton top with a string of onions or garlic around his neck :cool:

Is it right that if Pendleton hadnt messed up in her first event, GB could have had 5 golds out of 5 on the track?

Yep, it's complete domination.

I'm a bit taken aback at how slight Cavendish looks in civilian clothes. He's fucking tiny!

Considering they dropped some events in the velodrome in the hope of stopping GB domination! If only Pendleton hadnt fucked up we could be dreaming of taking every friggin event!

Yep, it's complete domination.

I'm a bit taken aback at how slight Cavendish looks in civilian clothes. He's fucking tiny!

He must be gutted not to have medalled again, but eveidently twitter suggests that he is returning to the track in Rio!! Will be awesome.

That Jake Humphrey that he's talking to is a pretty lofty gent, though. Six four or five, isn't he?

What sort of lunatic hooligan invents bicycling events? I thought the Keirin was fairly bonkers, then we had that one where they go as slow as possible and try and keep an eye on each other lad, but this Omnium caper must be a brutal thing to do.

Considering they dropped some events in the velodrome in the hope of stopping GB domination! If only Pendleton hadnt fucked up we could be dreaming of taking every friggin event!

That really isn't why they dropped the events.

Anyway, Clancy the big winner from the elimination race.

That Jake Humphrey that he's talking to is a pretty lofty gent, though. Six four or five, isn't he?

It's not his height, really. I knew he was short - and he's always posting self-deprecating jokes about his hobbit-like stature to twitter. I'd just always thought of him as quite stocky (for a cyclist), kind of a little ball of muscle. But in civilian clothing he looks like a child with a beard. He's a good commentator, mind you.

It's not his height, really. I knew he was short - and he's always posting self-deprecating jokes about his hobbit-like stature to twitter. I'd just always thought of him as quite stocky (for a cyclist), kind of a little ball of muscle. But in civilian clothing he looks like a child with a beard. He's a good commentator, mind you.

To be fair, being stocky for a cyclist and looking like a kid in civvies aren't mutually exclusive are they?

edit: Compare with Bradley Twiggins for example.

That really isn't why they dropped the events.

Anyway, Clancy the big winner from the elimination race.

I think you'll find it was. From what Ive read anyway. anyway doesnt matter, they move the goalposts and we still fucking score big.

man-holding-suit-jacket-looking-at-watch-thumb5497288.jpg

A man still waiting for the much vaunted 'Australians winning the lions share of anything GB don't win' type event to occur.

Back
Top Bottom