Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Croydon - nightlife, accommodation, things to do and general chat

Request.
I want to go somewhere nice in the Croydonish area on Saturday for dinner. Not too busy or loud.
I prefer lighter meals where there are small things we can share. No loud music.

Request.
I want to go somewhere nice in the Croydonish area on Saturday for dinner. Not too busy or loud.
I prefer lighter meals where there are small things we can share. No loud music.
Dirty Crunch in Addiscombe is nice but the menu is limited and you need to check their hours as I think the close early?

Ive liked Fern the couple of times I've been. It's small plates so you can mix and match and share. Music but not loud.

Other than that I'm not sure! I went to The Store a little while back as I had been there in the past and enjoyed it but this time found it all a bit lacklustre.

Basil and Grape was noisy (people!) and the menu is just bruscetta variations and pizza.

So many questions; what's happening. At one end of St George's Walk I see the nestle building is coming down, the same for the shops opposite Grants. Shops along Church St alongside St Georges also coming down. Part of St George's itself is also flat yet part of it remains and is still occupied.
What is happening?
IMG_20240918_145609_1.jpg

So many questions; what's happening. At one end of St George's Walk I see the nestle building is coming down, the same for the shops opposite Grants. Shops along Church St alongside St Georges also coming down. Part of St George's itself is also flat yet part of it remains and is still occupied.
What is happening?
View attachment 443243
Nothing. The sweet sum of fuck all.

I think Westfield uniball rodeomico own the land now. Maybe. But their token effort for the redevelopment of Croydon is going to be to open 7 pop ups in the Allders front section. Probably where there were short lease shops for a while just before it all closed down properly.

Great.

Crystal Palace subway is open to the public today. I can't go because of tendonitis . . . but you can.

Hopefully I can go another time. Today is full of cool free stuff I wanted to do but can't because of my leg (which also stopped me doing the U75 park meet up). Fuck my leg.

What have you done?!
I did the Vanguard Way Marathon back in August. . . I was ok then but I think I overdid it a bit. I put quite a bit of stress on my ankles and knees. I didn't do enough recovery. I thought I was just aching from the run, but a couple of weeks or so later it just got worse and something just went.
If I had just rested up it would have been fine by now, but instead I have about six to eight weeks recovery. If it isn't sorted by then it's a bit more serious and I'll have to get it looked at.

Possible human remains found up at Rowdown Fields

I see the bones up at Addington are now being treated as a murder investigation.

Wasn't me!

2 arrests in connection with the Rowdown human remains.

Interesting. Unidentified remains found and arrests already. Sounds very suspicious to me.

The Steven Sansom of Burnell Road in Sutton, who earlier today pleaded guilty to the murder of The Late Sarah Mayhew is the same Steven Sansom (then of New Addington) who was responsible for the notorious robbery and murder and of Kendall Cars' mini-cab driver Terence Boyle on Christmas Eve 1998:

83556525-13894121-Steven_Sansom_44_pictured_was_arrested_and_charged_with_Ms_Mayhe-a-49_1727345161500.jpg

Steven Sansom was released from his previous life sentence in December 2019 and has since been recalled to prison since his arrest in April 2024.

His co-defendant Gemma Watts' trial is due to take place on 29 April 2025, with a further hearing for both defendants on 15 November 2024.

The prosecution have indicated that it would not be in the public interest to pursue the three counts of making indecent images of children; including 31 Category A, the worst kind, one Category B, and four Category C, that Steven Sansom also faced:

Killer who scattered woman's body parts previously boasted he murdered cabbie for £25

Does anyone know of places that offer 1 on 1 music sessions (or even group sessions) for people with bad mental health/recovering in Croydon or nearby?
I tried internet searching but couln't find anything. Mostly for younger people (under 25s) but not only them.

Back
Top Bottom