Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Croydon - nightlife, accommodation, things to do and general chat

Request.
I want to go somewhere nice in the Croydonish area on Saturday for dinner. Not too busy or loud.
I prefer lighter meals where there are small things we can share. No loud music.

Request.
I want to go somewhere nice in the Croydonish area on Saturday for dinner. Not too busy or loud.
I prefer lighter meals where there are small things we can share. No loud music.
Dirty Crunch in Addiscombe is nice but the menu is limited and you need to check their hours as I think the close early?

Ive liked Fern the couple of times I've been. It's small plates so you can mix and match and share. Music but not loud.

Other than that I'm not sure! I went to The Store a little while back as I had been there in the past and enjoyed it but this time found it all a bit lacklustre.

Basil and Grape was noisy (people!) and the menu is just bruscetta variations and pizza.

So many questions; what's happening. At one end of St George's Walk I see the nestle building is coming down, the same for the shops opposite Grants. Shops along Church St alongside St Georges also coming down. Part of St George's itself is also flat yet part of it remains and is still occupied.
What is happening?
IMG_20240918_145609_1.jpg

So many questions; what's happening. At one end of St George's Walk I see the nestle building is coming down, the same for the shops opposite Grants. Shops along Church St alongside St Georges also coming down. Part of St George's itself is also flat yet part of it remains and is still occupied.
What is happening?
View attachment 443243
Nothing. The sweet sum of fuck all.

I think Westfield uniball rodeomico own the land now. Maybe. But their token effort for the redevelopment of Croydon is going to be to open 7 pop ups in the Allders front section. Probably where there were short lease shops for a while just before it all closed down properly.

Great.

Back
Top Bottom