Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Where in the South East shall we decree a glorious new conurbation with room for a million souls and easy commutes to London?

Build all over Farnborough airfield. Then we could get back the huge chunk of airspace they nicked for their private jet tossers.
I think we should close Heathrow too. It's huge and has great transport links to central London.
We could be so much closer to climate change targets, reducing noise and air pollution. End the third runway debate once and all!

A million, though? You’d need to build very high and even then the populace would have to be minced before they could be crammed in.
Kowloon Walled City achieved a density of 1,300,000/km2.

Once Wimbledon have bought the golf club next door (they might already have done it?) they'll have enough space at Kowloon density for 750,000 people. So, pretty close!

1720475635460.png

I think we should close Heathrow too. It's huge and has great transport links to central London.
We could be so much closer to climate change targets, reducing noise and air pollution. End the third runway debate once and all!
I had relatives who lived in Heathrow, the hamlet not the airport. They had mains gas, but not mains electricity.

I can see a large gap between Hampstead and Highgate, about 800 acres by the looks of it.
IMG_3595.jpeg
There’s also a smaller bit of space for building on in that gap between Kingston and Barnes. Might have to evict some belligerent antlered squatters first, mind

Green spaces are good for people and for the environment, but, if you are going to remove green spaces, could we not start with golf courses and race courses.

Green spaces are good for people and for the environment, but, if you are going to remove green spaces, could we not start with golf courses and race courses.
I think a good compromise would be to allow building on green spaces, but only those that are adjacent to the filthy rich. We could also take their big gardens off of them if they complain

Build all over Farnborough airfield. Then we could get back the huge chunk of airspace they nicked for their private jet tossers.
Even worse, it's used for arms fairs. But, close Heathrow and let Farnborough have the big jets.

Aldershit is ripe for the taking

Run down to fuck, military basically moved out leaving loads of land buildings and development options

On the Waterloo line

ungentrified Surrey (so far)

Buckingham palace to be social housing and Windsor a garden city
I was just reading about Garden Cities. And, basically, they can fuck off.

Just turn all homes into social housing - once the current inhabitants die, seeing as I'm feeling liberal.

I would agree with bellaozzydog with Aldershot, which is in Hants. On a theme Church Crookham and perhaps Odiham but not all of Hants.
Could I also add Glastonbury; all those filthy dirty hippies leaving their mess behind, not to mention upsetting the locals.

Glastonbury is too far from civilisation, unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom