Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Doing London things you've never done

Lived in London all my life, never seen the mousetrap. Tonight that changes. What London thing did it take you years to get round to doing?

Going to St Paul’s and specifically the top where’s there’s a circular (obviously) outdoor balcony you can walk around. amazing views but you the history of where you are is almost tangible, i’ve done this twice. once i was completely alone and it was wonderful.

The graffiti tunnel in waterloo is brilliant and if you go through the tunnel towards Lower Marsh, go to the Scooter Café for a coffee or beer (oh yeah you don’t drink. very very special place i’ve been frequenting since i was about 20 when it was basically a vintage scooter show room with an old skool italian coffee making machine and it slowly morphed into a beautiful cafe / bar over 10years and the scooter history is very evident.

that last one is a secret so don’t tell anyone.

Sir John Soane's Museum is a must see. ok Lincoln’s Inn field. free too (or used to be)

The Horniman (stop giggling at the back please) museum in Dulwich. whilst in that area go to peckham and Frank’s Place. a bar set up on the top floor of a (then) unused multi story carpark. probably the best vista of london you’ll ever see. from battersea power station on your left to the O2 in Greenwich to your right.
since i moved out of the area the other floors are now in use buy lots of trendy bars and restaurants.

if you are a football man (can’t remember but think you are arsenal ) you have to visit craven cottage once in your life a get to it via a walk over putney bridge and through bishops park. The you’ll come to the listed stevenage road stand exterior and actual cottage. It’s all very unique and the new riverside stand is a sight to behold. fucking massive and very modern but doesn’t look out of place at all. You might thing i’m bias being a fulham fan but it’s a lot of fans from other clubs fav away day. getting there via hammersmith do so along the river and not the fulham palace road.

Last edited:
There's fuck all there except a (very pretty art deco) tube station and some posh houses (footballers and a Daily Mail columnist)

The houses in Cockfosters aren’t particularly posh. The footballers and moguls live up the road in Hadley Wood, although they shop and eat in Cockfosters, which is why the many restaurants and delis on its long, busy main drag are a cut above those in Southgate or Oakwood.

The houses in Cockfosters aren’t particularly posh. The footballers and moguls live up the road in Hadley Wood, although they shop and eat in Cockfosters, which is why the many restaurants and delis on its long, busy main drag are a cut above those in Southgate or Oakwood.
There's a greek pattisery I wish I could afford to frequent more often.
And an audiophile shop I don't wish to frequent at all.

There's a greek pattisery I wish I could afford to frequent more often.
And an audiophile shop I don't wish to frequent at all.

Where’s the Greek patisserie? It would have to be good to give Wiltons a run for its money.

I still haven't been to cockfosters.

i'm still not entirely convinced that it isn't really a figment of someone's imagination

:p

If you go north from there towards the old watchtower and get up the hills you get breathtaking views all the way to canary wharf.
The autumnal leave display will be stunning in the very near future

if you are a football man (can’t remember but think you are arsenal ) you have to visit craven cottage once in your life a get to it via a walk over putney bridge and through bishops park
Ive been told the told the towpath alongside the ground is now open

Back
Top Bottom