Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Doing London things you've never done

I haven't seen the Harrison H4 sea watch because it's on display at the Royal Observatory, not the Science Museum as I had been led to believe.

e2a: Turns out it's not even on display. Now I'm very glad I didn't queue up for ages to get into the Royal Observatory.
It definitely used to be because I went once and was almost moved to tears.

I've been on a couple of times and enjoyed it. Not sure why some people are being a bit snooty about it.

Yes, other than the cost I can’t see much to dislike unless you’re stuck in a pod with Bahnhof Strasse.

Generally speaking, I think tourists do quite well for attractions here, apart from some bonkers pricing, but that’s the same as Paris; and Venice and Switzerland make London look like an absolute bargain.

Last edited:
The LE is probably the only London attraction I do want a go on.
It's just so slow. Out of the looooooong 45 minutes, it's probably only at peak view for 10? The other loooooong minutes are spent going up or down, with a view not dissimilar from any 2nd floor building along there.
And it's slow.

If it's a nice day you can get fantastic bread, cheese and/or ham and make a fantastic sandwich to sit and eat in green park for about the same price as a MacDonalds...
the only difference being you're talking about the price of a mcd's restaurant

the only difference being you're talking about the price of a mcd's restaurant
On a sunny day I know where I'd rather be. But I guess us proles shouldn't aspire to nice things and should know our place...

Besides, if you don't have milkshakes* the price inside a McDonalds is the same as take away. Get with the programme.

*I can't imagine you with a Maccie's milkshake TBF...

On a sunny day I know where I'd rather be. But I guess us proles shouldn't aspire to nice things and should know our place...

Besides, if you don't have milkshakes* the price inside a McDonalds is the same as take away. Get with the programme.

*I can't imagine you with a Maccie's milkshake TBF...
a mcd's restaurant is a building, i was referring to the price of the building. this was a rare lapse into hyperbole for me, but it seems you didn't get it

Back
Top Bottom