Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Croydon - nightlife, accommodation, things to do and general chat

Anyone with information that could assist the investigation into the murder of the man in his 20s who was was stabbed once in Fellmongers Yard just off Surrey Street market just after 6.00 p.m. yesterday evening has been asked to call 101 or ‘X’ @MetCC and quote CAD6022/12Apr. You can also provide information anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
🙁

Can anyone suggest somewhere to meet a friend for a chat reasonably near Lunar House? Is the Bedford Tavern terrible? It'll be a bit too late for cafes to be open.
I quite like the Bedford Tavern. They do food and have a coffee machine. Although that was at lunchtime. No idea what it is like in the evenings.

Anyone with information that could assist the investigation into the murder of the man in his 20s who was was stabbed once in Fellmongers Yard just off Surrey Street market just after 6.00 p.m. yesterday evening has been asked to call 101 or ‘X’ @MetCC and quote CAD6022/12Apr. You can also provide information anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

_133147077_rijkaardsalusiafablurred.jpg

(Source: Metropolitan Police)

The Late Rijkaard Salu Siafa, who was found fatally injured in Fellmongers Yard, Croydon, just after 6.00 p.m. on Friday 12 April 2024.​

It might be over 10 years late and still not actually here, but the east entrance to east Croydon looks like it might soon materialise.
1000028834.jpg
Pity the building across the street isn't quite lined up.
My OCDometer has switched to flight mode.

Pretty damning Inside Croydon piece about the damp squib/poorly attended 'Borough of Culture' events and the funding that went to businesses.

Gotta say that I didn't knowingly attend any of the events, but may have chanced across a couple when to and fro from the David Lean.

1713945392123.png

A useful Inside Croydon overview of the Mayor and Assembly votes for our 'super-constituency' and a report of why the C&S counts held up the rest of London!

tl/dr C&S = the slowest to count, LP under-perform locally and Vermin lose some vote share but still see Neil 'Father Jack' Garrett re-lected.

1714983188929.png

What sort of age would it be suitable for? My mates 11 year old might enjoy it
Suitable for all ages. Lots of toys and knitted things. . . . however you can't touch anything. Was even a struggle for me and I am 51.
Definitely worth going. I was there for ages (did lots of talking to the staff too, which is very very unlike me), and still missed the my little pony room.
I loved it, but I think it ticks some very particular boxes of mine.

Even if you are not into the concept, it was an enjoyable, relaxing and atmospheric stroll. Sort of thing you could go with a mate to and talk about all the bits. I was lucky enough to go when it was DEAD, so had staff fairly eager to tell me more about everything.
Some of the exhibits appeared to be a little on the dull side until you heard the back stories. It's mostly odd collections and hobbies by regular people, but curated and exhibited by the artist.
The idea stated when Hetain Patel wanted to make a life size spiderman model. He followed online tutorials and realised that normal people everywhere collect or do what could be considered interesting or bonkers things for fun. It's things as small as painting rocks or collecting plastic bags.
My favorite bit was the person who painted recreations of record covers . . . not particularly well.

I'm just having a clear out in my house and it's made me have second thoughts about throwing a lot of stuff away. . . which isn't going to please the wife.

I wnet to Come as you really are this week, and also loved it. I don't know how busy it gets at weekends, but it wasn't that busy on a wednesday.

One of the highlights was meeting the woman who wrote this journal, near the entrance.

1724394821778.jpeg

She explained that they leave it open on a different page each day. She was there with her husband, who seemed suitably self-absorbed.

Carshalton Straw Jack tomorrow - cant make it, again :mad:

Love the invite:
"Please do not invite people, and if you are ambivalent, do not come this year."

Assemble at

The Rose & Crown, London Road, Wallington

in the garden , depart 12.45

Westcroft Road, High Street

CryerArts Centre, 39 Carshalton High Street
Arrive 13.00 Depart 14.00
Food Available.

Stroll around.............

Hope, West Street
Arrive 17:00
Festival food available at 18:00

Final Ceremony around 19:30 dependant on weather.
No Burning!​

Love the invite:
"Please do not invite people, and if you are ambivalent, do not come this year."

Assemble at

Food Available.

Hope, West Street

No Burning!​
Might be able to take some pics (weather permitting)🙂

Love the invite:

Assemble at

Food Available.

Hope, West Street

No Burning!​
I did think "Oooh, I'll pop into the Hope", but they're clearly expecting to ram the place solid.

Last edited:
A 17 year-old boy, who cannot be identified because of his age, admitted the manslaughter of 15-year-old Elianne Andam when he appeared by videolink at the Old Bailey on this morning but denied murdering her.

The plea was not accepted by prosecutors, and a trial will take place from 25 November 2024 at the same court. It is alleged that Elianne's attacker, wearing a mask and gloves, removed a foot-long knife from his waistband and stabbed Elianne repeatedly.

The boy also denied possessing a blade in a public place.
Having reached the age of 18, Hassan Sentamu can now legally be named as the person who has admitted killing 15 year-old schoolgirl Elianne Andam in the centre of Croydon as she made her way to school on on 27 September 2023:

89348529-13820375-image-m-18_1725613617207.jpg

89348849-13820375-image-a-33_1725614040627.jpg

Proceedings are now active in this case and nothing should be reported that could risk prejudicing those proceedings.

Back
Top Bottom