Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Croydon - nightlife, accommodation, things to do and general chat

Can anyone local recommend a gardener type who could shorten and tidy a holly tree and remove a dead apple tree? Hoping to get it done before birds fill the holly with BABIES!

Guineveretoo ATOMIC SUPLEX brogdale ??
I have a gardener type who comes every couple of weeks and does bits and pieces in my garden. Do you want her number? I have no idea if she has any availability. She is very good, and so is the other woman who works with her, but they are not cheap, for that reason....

I have a gardener type who comes every couple of weeks and does bits and pieces in my garden. Do you want her number? I have no idea if she has any availability. She is very good, and so is the other woman who works with her, but they are not cheap, for that reason....
The more the merrier 👍 if you could send the number over I would be very grateful!

A-CELEBRATION-OF-LIFE-FOR-4.png

The funeral of the Late Elianne Princess Nana Ama Andam will take place at the New Life Christian Centre in Croydon at 10.30 a.m. until 1.30 p.m on Saturday 11 November 2023. Due to the large numbers wanting to attend, this is an invitation only event.

The funeral procession will start by leaving the family home in Derby Road just after 9.30 a.m. and will move up to London Road, and then up Poplar Walk, before turning right onto Wellesley Road which will be closed to traffic.

They will travel down George Street and then Church Street, where a short stop will be made at Old Palace School, before the procession arrives at the New Life Christian Centre.

Mourners and others wishing to support Elainne's family and friends will be able to pay their respects to Elianne by lining the route of the funeral procession.

The service and reception are invitation only and the burial will be for family members only.

The funeral service will be live streamed on the the New Life Christian Centre website from 10.30 a.m.

A 17 year-old boy, who cannot be identified because of his age, admitted the manslaughter of 15-year-old Elianne Andam when he appeared by videolink at the Old Bailey on this morning but denied murdering her.

The plea was not accepted by prosecutors, and a trial will take place from 25 November 2024 at the same court. It is alleged that Elianne's attacker, wearing a mask and gloves, removed a foot-long knife from his waistband and stabbed Elianne repeatedly.

The boy also denied possessing a blade in a public place.

I'll have to check it out. I often run down along the tram path and then out towards sparrows den (or whatever it is called) after running through Selsdon Wood and along the bridleway to feather bed lane

This does not please me.

I love Croydon Green areas, and use them a lot. I'd hate to see any part of them taken from us.
But the borough is cash strapped and the council don't seem to care.

Anyone know how I can get involved in any way to stop any takeover / selling off of Croydons green spaces?

Golf courses are not good enviromentally so FOE might be a good bet. On the other hand, they keep the area green and stop them being built on.

This does not please me.

I love Croydon Green areas, and use them a lot. I'd hate to see any part of them taken from us.

Anyone know how I can get involved in any way to stop any takeover / selling off of Croydons green spaces?
There is a petition started....I think it's linked on inside Croydon now?

This does not please me.

It is really bad! They are looking to sell off everything they can, including community buildings and green spaces.

Those are two of the things that make living here acceptable and it would be horrific if they sold them off.

Get involved with a "Friends of..." group of any green space near you. They are mostly on facebook. Talk to your local councillors.

It is really upsetting.

It is really bad! They are looking to sell off everything they can, including community buildings and green spaces.

Those are two of the things that make living here acceptable and it would be horrific if they sold them off.

Get involved with a "Friends of..." group of any green space near you. They are mostly on facebook. Talk to your local councillors.

It is really upsetting.

They used a Facebook post of mine in a news article.

Signed. I grew up very near Shirley Heath, and would often walk there.
And it's not just shirley heath at stake, they want to take over management of other areas as part of the deal. . . And they won't be doing anything with that for the benefit of local residents that's for sure.
Council and golf club are now denying the whole thing ever existed, even though leaflets were posted and council workers have seen proposals.

What a pain in the arse. You have to confirm your signing by clicking receipt of an email. OK this is standard when signing any petition.
Immediately after signing I was asked to I want to chip in to help this that or the other and then got the same thing when confirming
my signing :(
I am probaly now on another list saying this that or something else needs your help; please sign, please make a donation.

Possible human remains found up at Rowdown Fields
It turns out the victim was dismembered using power tools and parts of her are still missing.

Anyone with information that could assist the investigation into the murder of the man in his 20s who was was stabbed once in Fellmongers Yard just off Surrey Street market just after 6.00 p.m. yesterday evening has been asked to call 101 or ‘X’ @MetCC and quote CAD6022/12Apr. You can also provide information anonymously to the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Can anyone suggest somewhere to meet a friend for a chat reasonably near Lunar House? Is the Bedford Tavern terrible? It'll be a bit too late for cafes to be open.

Back
Top Bottom