Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Critiquing Oasis

Well, Neil Finn is a slightly different beast to the Gallaghers. I can't see them refunding people. Finn is a gentleman of the highest order. He's lovely. Polar opposite to Oasis anyway.

I wonder if this model was operating while Taylor Swift was hawking her $1bn tour around the world?

I wonder if this model was operating while Taylor Swift was hawking her $1bn tour around the world?

“OASIS are back your welcome and I hear there ATTITUDE STINKS good to know something’s never change.”
Liam is blatantly hamming up the spelling mistakes - you have to go to effort to add that apostrophe for example

I doubt he's running his own social accounts. But you're right. But it'll be a PR idiot doing that, not him.

Mildly watchable, 90s aesthetics. Prodigy, chemical brothers, m people, the manics, bad hair cuts, hammed up workjng class accents, etc

Special note to the chap in yellow who saw through the game

Last edited:
Not sure what point is being made here . im not a fan of the turgid lad-rock bores - but im pretty sure most of the population know who they are and could probably name - or sing the chorus - of at least one of their songs. And - like them are not - as well as being ridiculously succesful they became very much of the cultural landscape. if MJ Cole or Armand Ven Helden (and yes i had to google "uk garage" to get the names) anncounced they would be gigging next year I doubt several million people would be overwhelming the internet for the chance to pay upwards of £300 a ticket.

Not sure what point is being made here . im not a fan of the turgid lad-rock bores - but im pretty sure most of the population know who they are and could probably name - or sing the chorus - of at least one of their songs. And - like them are not - as well as being ridiculously succesful they became very much of the cultural landscape. if MJ Cole or Armand Ven Helden (and yes i had to google "uk garage" to get the names) anncounced they would be gigging next year I doubt several million people would be overwhelming the internet for the chance to pay upwards of £300 a ticket.
I wasn’t trying to make a point about popularity, but personal impact. Those things meant more than me and deserve their place on the podium more than some bands who mean nowt to me and others who spent the 90s paying little attention to ‘Britpop’.
(Though I would also venture that those genres had more of a lasting impact on music than Britpop)

I wasn’t trying to make a point about popularity, but personal impact. Those things meant more than me and deserve their place on the podium more than some bands who mean nowt to me and others who spent the 90s paying little attention to ‘Britpop’.
(Though I would also venture that those genres had more of a lasting impact on music than Britpop)
well - personal impact is individaul - as for lasting imapact - well its a bit chalk and cheese innit? Britpop had a massive influence on subsequent guitar bands - and the music of the time - genres take from each other and some of the most interstig and original 90s stuff came from that (i.e prodigy, massive attack, portsihead) . And whislt the guitar band is increasingly irrelevant in terms of its place in contemporary music - and other influences are more now more to the fore - songs will always have a different and more significent role in most people's lives than dance tracks - which is why so many people wnat to spend a small fortune to stand with 40,000 others singing along to the songs of their youth. Its tempting to sneer - but people are gonner people.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom