Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coronavirus meme/panic/fear mongering general thread

92588219_1039703643077264_5347700128557826048_n.jpg

I live with open fields back and front, I know I'm dead lucky to, especially now.

There is a part of me though that wishes I could spend a day in London ATM, just to experience the relative quiet and oddness of it all, I used to live in Lewisham, pretty near the station, I just can't even imagine it empty.

I live with open fields back and front, I know I'm dead lucky to, especially now.

There is a part of me though that wishes I could spend a day in London ATM, just to experience the relative quiet and oddness of it all, I used to live in Lewisham, pretty near the station, I just can't even imagine it empty.

I used to live in Hoxton (BEFORE it became trendy - this was back when it was a shithole) and on Sundays would often go for a wander round the City, all the big financial institutions were closed on a Sunday and the place was largely deserted, other than the markets on the outskirts - was really nice :)

I used to live in Hoxton (BEFORE it became trendy - this was back when it was a shithole) and on Sundays would often go for a wander round the City, all the big financial institutions were closed on a Sunday and the place was largely deserted, other than the markets on the outskirts - was really nice :)

I was thinking of exactly that while I typed my post, used to love it in the City on a Sunday, so many mad things to find wondering about like heading up a small alley that takes your fancy and it'll lead to a green space or a church or a bit of London Wall :cool: :cool: :cool:

I was thinking of exactly that while I typed my post, used to love it in the City on a Sunday, so many mad things to find wondering about like heading up a small alley that takes your fancy and it'll lead to a green space or a church or a bit of London Wall :cool: :cool: :cool:

The whole area looked different without the hordes of suited office workers and cars and taxis - just the buses on Sunday service, occasionally some roadworks - they liked to do those at the weekend of course to avoid disruption during working hours. It felt more like some historic cathedral city than the hub of finance it is during the week :)

The whole area looked different without the hordes of suited office workers and cars and taxis - just the buses on Sunday service, occasionally some roadworks - they liked to do those at the weekend of course to avoid disruption during working hours. It felt more like some historic cathedral city than the hub of finance it is during the week :)

Always great opportunities for some massive crane watching too.

My internal 6 year old child is showing a bit there :oops: :D

Back
Top Bottom