Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coronavirus in the UK - news, lockdown and discussion

It is pretty certain there will a lockdown.

The police don't have the numbers to do it fully.

So the army (social media nonsense aside) is the likely solution. They were called in to bail out the disgraced private security firms employed by our disgraced government at the Olympics. Given the huge importance of the current situation it is logic.
What will they do in all the other cities?

I grew in Aldershot. They can deploy fairly quickly if needed.

Especially when you spill their pint.

I'm friends with some people who have an unhealthy interest in the military. (Not like me oh no, I'm normal). I've seen nothing on any socials. Usually they'd post up at the faintest rustle of multicam.

As Badgers said, it's likely enough though as there's fuck all coppers left. It will hopefully be more like the Olympics than Threads though.

Well yeah I'm sure but I find it difficult to believe reports of soldiers roaming london streets over last six hours when nobody managed to take a photo. I could be wrong, let's see what morning brings.
Well exactly. Look at Italy/France etc - they haven't got the army on the streets. and we wont either. If we do get locked down, then my natural instinct would be to get out there and fuck em. But if the pubs aren't open, what's the bloody point?

How the fuck do you prove you're only out to buy food though? Seriously.
I read somewhere that in France or Spain (can't remember which) they have forms and you fill in a form to say you're food shopping and the 'authorities' (police army?) take your form.

Given the seriousness and unusualness of the situation, how quickly its moving, and the particular moment London is reaching, it would be more surprising if there were not these rumours about the army!

There are after all likely to be some more stringent lockdown measures coming Londons way rather soon. And there are inevitably a whole bunch of pandemic plans that do involve the military. So at the moment it is tempting for me to say that these two things have got conflated, or people have got a bit ahead of themselves.

And army stuff is quite a common theme for rumours really, and their involvement and presence (or lack of) is seen as some kind of measure of how serious stuff has become. In various ways they can also be a metaphor for freedom, or lack of freedom.

Plus there is always the idea that an invisible imagined army inside our minds can affect our behaviour as much as the real thing.

I read somewhere that in France or Spain (can't remember which) they have forms and you fill in a form to say you're food shopping and the 'authorities' (police army?) take your form.
It's France. Where these forms come from though remains unclear to me as yet. Maybe you can download them.

ETA yeah - you download them

Especially when you spill their pint.

I'm friends with some people who have an unhealthy interest in the military. (Not like me oh no, I'm normal). I've seen nothing on any socials. Usually they'd post up at the faintest rustle of multicam.

As Badgers said, it's likely enough though as there's fuck all coppers left. It will hopefully be more like the Olympics than Threads though.
I don't expect for a second it will be sandbags round the streets and mirrors under cars #thegoodolddays

More of a presence.

Broken down HGV in lane 1? Seems to do the trick usually.

Or swans.
Hot Fuzz Comes To Life In Norfolk - SuperUnleaded.com

Back
Top Bottom