Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coronavirus in the UK - news, lockdown and discussion

These rumours will just cause the panic buying to continue, if not escalate.

Unless the supermarkets can actually enforce this "no more than 3 of anything" rule.

Being implemented across all main store over the next few days...time will tell.

I saw a shop assistant get away with her life yesterday after being descended on after she tried to move a large bag full of toilet roll from the store room to the kiosk where they are trying to hold stuff for pensioners and the disabled. People pounced, tore the plastic bag, grabbed packets and laughed as they went. She got back to the kiosk stunned holding a large torn, empty bag with one 4 pack left in it. It was disgraceful and sickening.

Being implemented across all main store over the next few days...time will tell.

I saw a shop assistant get away with her life yesterday after being descended on after she tried to move a large bag full of toilet roll from the store room to the kiosk where they are trying to hold stuff for pensioners and the disabled. People pounced, tore the plastic bag, grabbed packets and laughed as they went. She got back to the kiosk stunned holding a large torn, empty bag with one 4 pack left in it. It was disgraceful and sickening.
Over the next few days isn't good enough - it needs to be from tomorrow morning!

And yes - how it will be enforced is anyone's guess. Your story there is absolutely horrible and what shop worker is going to risk or stand up to that?

raaah
:facepalm:

fucking toilet paper, i cant get over it. i wonder what Freud wouldve made of it

If there were squaddies roaming around central London I suspect some evidence of this woukd have emerged by now.

No roaming Frank, no. Eye witness reports in different areas yesterday. Places where you would never see them, totally away from barracks etc. Today the same....random appearances on streets...enough to cause a stir. etc.

It is pretty certain there will a lockdown.

The police don't have the numbers to do it fully.

So the army (social media nonsense aside) is the likely solution. They were called in to bail out the disgraced private security firms employed by our disgraced government at the Olympics. Given the huge importance of the current situation it is logic.

seriously...this was on News at 10...I'm sure I didn't just imagine this....even after a few bottles of numbers.

Back
Top Bottom