Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Colleague- possible charity scammer

A man who doesn't approve of the behaviour or dress sense of a female colleague launches an online tirade about her. There is nothing to automatically approve of in that. I'm not in a position to judge whether this woman is a victim or a victimiser

I can say that if D'wards does have a concern about this person's behaviour, this is not the right place to air his concerns

A man who doesn't approve of the behaviour or dress sense of a female colleague launches an online tirade about her. There is nothing to automatically approve of in that. I'm not in a position to judge whether this woman is a victim or a victimiser

I can say that if D'wards does have a concern about this person's behaviour, this is not the right place to air his concerns
Tiresome

Dress sense? What the dickens are you on about, la?

I don't think he was slagging off the cut of the Pudsey costume, rather that the wearer was in it as opposed to civil servanting. I do think though that she has put herself under scrutiny by asking colleagues for money and then, when asked allegedly, refusing to show a receipt.

A man who doesn't approve of the behaviour or dress sense of a female colleague launches an online tirade about her.

That scenario must be in a thread I haven't read yet.

How about wondering in a very un-tiradely manner with no mention of "dress sense" whether someone might be exploiting the good nature of colleagues and essentially defrauding charities of money that is rightfully theirs.

This seems quite a good place for an initial informal airing of concerns with a view to working out what is the proper way to address the issue in the office. It's anonymous and discussion here doesn't harm the charity woman. The purloined cakes and cutlery are just background illustration.

It's probably not unreasonable to go to someone in management and say something like "a lot of people are giving money to a lot of causes and they forget what they've given and how much and it would be lovely to have the thank you letters/acknowledgements displayed publicly".

You don't have to say anything about not trusting this woman. Just say something like that.

That really should have been followed up at the time.
Not unreasonable to ask work to inforce a no charity donations on the premises unless a receipt is provided.

It's a civil services office, I can't believe they don't have some protocols already in place for this sort of thing.:hmm: At our place all the cash is collected in by one admin bod and it goes into the services bank account and a cheque is sent. That way it is all above board and there's no scope for mistakes or accusations like this.

Thackerayed if I can remember clearly. Didn't you intimate that she wandered round the office in a Pudsey Bear costume.
pudsey-bear-outfits-pudsey-bear-mascot-costume-mascot-shows-1.jpg

Sounds like she's thieving from charities - report her to the police and grass her up to her boss too.

I do find that quite supicious. Especially the "can't be bothered" part. If it was me, I would feel morally bound to give my colleagues proof of where their money had gone.

Yeah, it does sound a bit dodgy. I did a sponsored abseil of a building and did an article in the staff magazine along with obligatory picture of me looking like a twat* hanging off the building. Throbbing Angel was there if I remember rightly, as we were out drinking.

* found the picture a while back, and I looked like a proper twat. :D

Yeah, it does sound a bit dodgy. I did a sponsored abseil of a building and did an article in the staff magazine along with obligatory picture of me looking like a twat* hanging off the building. Throbbing Angel was there if I remember rightly, as we were out drinking.

Same here when I did parachute jumps for charity - photos please!

That was aaaaages ago farmerbarleymow - 2001? That building is no longer there iirc. I think longdog and Roadkill were there too?

Pics or it didn't happen. :)

Back
Top Bottom