Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Colleague- possible charity scammer

No. She’s one of those ignorant, selfish people that think the rules don’t apply to them.

Contemporaries always hate the mavericks. History will be kinder to when it comes to her saint-hood. :thumbs:

Jokes aside, it's such an in-your-face piss take (to mgmt) - it's pretty mad to think it will go unnoticed.

**NEWSFLASH**

I think she thinks she's found a loophole.

She's calling it a "free raffle". The catch being she says if you make a contribution to her charity box you get a free raffle ticket :facepalm:

The prize is a little wicker basket full of miniature beauty products. Real budget hotel free shit.

I won't say anything to management but I hope they pull her up.

Fuck sake, does she think she's the British Museum now or something. Create an anonymous google account and email management and reign the fucker in. Fuck DM me the email address and any necessary info, and I'll do it!

She is so dodgy on this, management should be told that she is trying this and thinks she's found a loophole.

I wonder if charity collections other than management - sanctioned ones will eventually get banned...
I would hope that a draconian ban wouldn't happen just because of the actions of one person. It should be easy enough to clamp down on this kind of outrageous behaviour without impinging on the freedoms of everyone else.

But I do think it would be good if the organisation were to make it very clear indeed why the rules have been tightened.

Can any of the U75 church-going contingent confirm nor deny that churches collect for Children in Need?

I thought they have their own Christian Aid or new roof bollocks fish to fry normally.
I'm not sure "churches" are so well organised that you can say one way or the other. Even given the number of different types of church that are kicking about, you also have to remeber that many are run more like franchises than as a multinational corporation - especially at the sort of level that would be making decisions about charity fundraising choices, etc.

My muum is a church organist & choir director, so I hav a pretty good image of what can go on from church to church.

I'm not sure "churches" are so well organised that you can say one way or the other. Even given the number of different types of church that are kicking about, you also have to remeber that many are run more like franchises than as a multinational corporation - especially at the sort of level that would be making decisions about charity fundraising choices, etc.

My muum is a church organist & choir director, so I hav a pretty good image of what can go on from church to church.
I think it's likely that some do, and some don't.

Because charities invariably send them, and peplpe who are serial charity collectors invariably stick them on the wall to show everyone how charitable they are.

Last time I worked for someone the MD’s surname was double-barrelled, the second part being Smale. She used to stick up all the charity letters on the kitchen board, including a Comic Relief one from Wossy thanking the thirty of us for raising eight quid. Letter starts, “Dear Mrs Snail...”

:)

Back
Top Bottom