Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Colleague- possible charity scammer

How about everybody on this thread pays me my church £10 each. I'll put all your names into a hat and then pull one out. That person can then be the one we burn. :cool:

tve5137-373-19821116-0.jpg

He looks so young there it's hard to believe he's gone :(

RIP in peace, Neil x

Quick update - another lady who is very sweet and kind, left out a charity box with a Christmas card to sign and donate, and the management got well heavy with her, saying she needs director approval etc.
She just fucked the whole thing off.

Will be interesting to note if the original woman continues with her charity stuff now the rules are being enforced.

Quick update - another lady who is very sweet and kind, left out a charity box with a Christmas card to sign and donate, and the management got well heavy with her, saying she needs director approval etc.

Will be interesting to note if the original woman continues with her charity stuff now the rules are being enforced.

But, what's happening about the doubts concerning the money she has collected, and possibly pocketed?

Hopefully word will get round that the rules are having to be enforced presicely because Original Charity Woman has been so shady with previous donations.

agreed - no company/organisation is going to want to touch what could be a can of very smelly worms. its a lot easier to draw a veil over it and go forward...

they probably have their suspicions, but they know that if they push hard a) it will become obvious that the company/organisation was either not following its own policies or was negligent, b) the chances of getting conviction and the money back for the charities is somewhere between limited and no hope, and c) it will be a nightmare - staff morale in the toilet, suspicion and recrimination everywhere, and fuck all work getting done.

agreed - no company/organisation is going to want to touch what could be a can of very smelly worms. its a lot easier to draw a veil over it and go forward...

they probably have their suspicions, but they know that if they push hard a) it will become obvious that the company/organisation was either not following its own policies or was negligent, b) the chances of getting conviction and the money back for the charities is somewhere between limited and no hope, and c) it will be a nightmare - staff morale in the toilet, suspicion and recrimination everywhere, and fuck all work getting done.
Pragmatically, this probably is the best outcome. OK, so she hasn't been officially busted, but Ms Charity Golddigger is going to be going around with a dark cloud of suspicion hanging over her for a very long time. She could still (probably) quite easily dispel that by coming up with the evidence that she's made the donations, but my guess is that she'll decide she doesn't like the vibe much, and takes herself off somewhere else.

You all people defending her, please play devils advocate.

Why would you never bring in a thank you letter?

But go to trouble of printing generic thing of internet?
More to the point, why would you ask/expect her to bring in a thank you letter?

**NEWSFLASH**

I think she thinks she's found a loophole.

She's calling it a "free raffle". The catch being she says if you make a contribution to her charity box you get a free raffle ticket :facepalm:

The prize is a little wicker basket full of miniature beauty products. Real budget hotel free shit.

I won't say anything to management but I hope they pull her up.

**NEWSFLASH**

She's calling it a "free raffle". The catch being she says if you make a contribution to her charity box you get a free raffle ticket :facepalm:

The prize is a little wicker basket full of miniature beauty products. Real budget hotel free shit.

I would contribute a used piece of chewing gum.

**NEWSFLASH**

I think it would be quite good for her to be given enough rope to hang herself. Let's face it, with the climate of doubt that must prevail, chances are that she'll get very few, if any, takers. And I daresay that there will be a few around willing to provide, ah, "background".

Back
Top Bottom